• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Has anyone ever taken a business loan?"

Collapse

• blacjac
    replied
    I was talking to one of the corporate financial managers from Barclays a month or so ago, he reckoned that it is very much business as usual in corporate lending and that the banks were only reining in on personal lending.

He reckons that if you have a sound business idea, and had a proper plan in place, then you would get your money, don't think your plan qualifies though d000hg

Leave a comment:

• swamp
    replied
    In normal times the banks require a personal guarantee from the director for even a small overdraft facility, which made it all a bit pointless.

Now I suspect hell would freeze over before they would loan you any money.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    started a topic Has anyone ever taken a business loan?

Has anyone ever taken a business loan?

By which I mean, has your business ever taken a loan out from a bank? I imagine most contractors would not need this for genuine business reasons, since they don't have to lease offices or spend £20k on server licenses... but maybe someone's plan B required it?

Working...
X