• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "millionaire (albeit temporarily)"

Collapse

• Andy2
    replied
    You managed to accummulate one million in just ten years ? You must be on a massive rate. Not a £400/day bod like me.

Leave a comment:

• tim123
    replied
    Originally posted by bobhope View Post
    It's a bit of a boast I know, but I had to put pen to paper.

Been contracting a decade or so, and built up a nice nest-egg.

The majority of my assets are non GBP and with the recent collapse in GBP, my net worth is just a few grand over a mill.

I know it's a bit of a boast, but for obvious reasons, can't go around shouting IRL.

Have you just been on holiday to Zimboland?

tim

Leave a comment:

• DonaldG
    replied
    How do you keep it a secret? Are you a modern day Scrooge and live like a pauper?

Begs the question what secrets your wife is keeping from you - maybe she is a billionaire!

Leave a comment:

• coultog
    replied
    Well done!

I can understand not wanting to tell the wife you're borth worth a mill. That kind of money, makes people think they can splash the cash and if that started to happen, you could be poor pretty quick!

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by KentPhilip View Post
    295K including pension in my case. You´re making me feel poor you bastard.
    You're still 10X richer than me, but then I only started contracting a year ago this month and had debts to pay off.

Leave a comment:

• KentPhilip
    replied
    my net worth is just a few grand over a mill.
    295K including pension in my case. You´re making me feel poor you bastard.

Leave a comment:

• bobhope
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    I'm considerably richer than yow! Considerably!
    Yeah, I was waiting for that. It's only temporary anyway probably due to the massive fall in the pound. Plus it's not liquid.

I know there's a few on here with waaaaaay more.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    It's a bit of a boast I know, but I had to put pen to paper.

Been contracting a decade or so, and built up a nice nest-egg.

The majority of my assets are non GBP and with the recent collapse in GBP, my net worth is just a few grand over a mill.

I know it's a bit of a boast, but for obvious reasons, can't go around shouting IRL.
    I'm considerably richer than yow! Considerably!

Leave a comment:

• Chugnut
    replied
    Originally posted by expat View Post
    I suppose the problem often comes when, although you love each other and all that, your reaction to having a million is that you can stop working, and hers is you can have a nice house and car and holidays .... and keep working.

Especially if that means "and you keep working" and you feel that is not being given the weight it deserves.
    Yeah, I see your point but the alternative is to keep it a secret for the rest of your life?? That sounds a lot worse to me.

Leave a comment:

• expat
    replied
    I suppose the problem often comes when, although you love each other and all that, your reaction to having a million is that you can stop working, and hers is you can have a nice house and car and holidays .... and keep working.

Especially if that means "and you keep working" and you feel that is not being given the weight it deserves.

Leave a comment:

• wantacontract
    replied
    as much as i love her...i wouldn't tell her either...

although, i would say:

"we can now go around the world.....forever!!"

"you can quit your job if you want"

"you can keep your convertible!"

"by the way i am buying a lambo"

Leave a comment:

• Chugnut
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    On the money or the wife?
    The wife.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by Chugnut View Post
    Agreed, after such an impressive accomplishment what a shame not to be able to share with nearest and dearest. By the sounds of it, I'd consider bailing.
    On the money or the wife?

Leave a comment:

• Chugnut
    replied
    Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
    Sorry mate but if that's your life, your money's not worth a jot.
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Well maybe friends and family are understandable, but you don't tell your WIFE? What kind of weird relationship are you in?
    Agreed, after such an impressive accomplishment what a shame not to be able to share with nearest and dearest. By the sounds of it, I'd consider bailing.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
    Sorry mate but if that's your life, your money's not worth a jot.
    Well maybe friends and family are understandable, but you don't tell your WIFE? What kind of weird relationship are you in?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X