• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "i have messed up big time"

Collapse

• trsisko
    replied
    just need to get paid before the mortgage comes out

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied

Leave a comment:

• trsisko
    replied
    they are reversing the payment to the umbrella and i am going to get paid via my ltd, so it was no big deal after all, my accountant said they were being lazy and this has prooved to tbe case, I think I have had a great escape, oh and for the last 2 weeks i haven't had any cash for a train ticket to london so i been using an out of date pass and had it checked 3 times and they haven't realised haha!

Luck is on my side it seems..not only that i was here whining about how crap my role is, I have just about had my contract re-extended for the 3rd 3 month roler whilst they have been culling contracters left right and centre.
    Im even doing some minor project work, hell very minor but atleast its something different to desktop support!

Leave a comment:

• ookook
    replied
    Originally posted by trsisko View Post
    I do I am fully setup with them Quay accouting and they suggest that tell them I would loose thousands of pounds in NI and tax and that they are just being lazy in not sorting it out
    Stick with an Umbrella - you are too dumb to use a limited.

Leave a comment:

• TykeMerc
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    Yup seen that thread, those schemes play far too fast and loose with Tax liabilities for my taste, but they aren't quite as ignorant of the basic way business is conducted as the muppetry above. Not far off I admit since being the recipient of gigantic loans doesn't make a lot of sense in the real world.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
    I'm sorry for being harsh, but quite frankly I've never come accross such monumental madness in a contractor in my entire career.
    Not seen this thread then? http://forums.contractoruk.com/busin...anagement.html

Leave a comment:

• TykeMerc
    replied
    Let me get this straight......

So as far as Hays are concerned they have a contract with Parasol, you haven't actually formally informed them that you're no longer working as a Parasol employee?

You've submitted a backlog of timesheets collected while you were an employee of Parasol and Hays ONLY have a signed contract with Parasol?

Hays have paid Parasol for the timesheets collected during the contract between Hays and Parasol?

You now want Hays to pay the contracted fees to a completely different company from the one that they have a valid signed contract with?

Final question........

ARE YOU COMPLETELY AND TOTALLY BARKING MAD?????

Hays have lawfully met their contract terms by paying the company that they have on contract and they bear no responsibility for you acting in a completely insane manner. Parasol have acted correctly in offering to pay you via their proper payroll route since you had (and from the sound of it still HAVE) a valid contract with you although you have since resigned.

Why on earth do you think Hays (who have acted quite properly and paid up as soon as the timesheets were submitted) and Parasol (who have also acted properly by telling you how to submit your details to get paid) should go to any more effort to pay you than they already have?

I'm sorry, but from the info available on this thread if I were in Hays or Parasol's shoes I would feel like I had discharged my responsibilities quite sensibly. I have my doubts that Parasol would just respond to an invoice from your new MyCo as they have responsibilities as your employer not your customer for the time covered by the timesheets.

Sign up with Parasol and get paid, if you don't like them change to another Umbrella for the future, but with the way you've acted I would very strongly recommend that you dump the idea of a MyCo Ltd until you've learned how to conduct business. At the moment for you running a MyCo looks like financial suicide.

I'm sorry for being harsh, but quite frankly I've never come accross such monumental madness in a contractor in my entire career.

Leave a comment:

• Sockpuppet
    replied
    I do I am fully setup with them Quay accouting and they suggest that tell them I would loose thousands of pounds in NI and tax and that they are just being lazy in not sorting it out
    Its upto you to run the company. Its upto you to take a frikking responsiblity for what you bloody well do.

Lets face it chappo. You've fecked up becuase you didnt have a flying clue what you were doing.

Hays are doing what the contract says. It says that your work done by you is done for parasol. They paid parasol.

Join parasol again, get piad. Take this as an expensive lesson of the reason umprellas exist.

Leave a comment:

• trsisko
    replied

Leave a comment:

• ratewhore
    replied
    I submitted timesheets last week for 10 Mar - 15Aug, I left parasol about about 6weeks ago and received my p45 around 2-3weeks ago, I did not inform hays that i wanted a ltd company but im sure I emailed the consulting group Penta who sort out everything for me anyway. I must admit I should have said i want a contract between my ltd and hays a lot earlier on so maybe i shoudl just sign back up with parasol, just means ill have to send in my passport and p45 and do the timeseets with them.

Blast!
    Can I suggest you close your Limited down and remain with an umbrella company? From what you say in your posts, I'm not sure you understand what you are doing. You have a problem at the moment because you haven't done things properly. If you don't do things properly as a Company Director, the consequences will be much more severe...

Leave a comment:

• Bluebird
    replied
    I submitted timesheets last week for 10 Mar - 15Aug, I left parasol about about 6weeks ago and received my p45 around 2-3weeks ago, I did not inform hays that i wanted a ltd company but im sure I emailed the consulting group Penta who sort out everything for me anyway. I must admit I should have said i want a contract between my ltd and hays a lot earlier on so maybe i shoudl just sign back up with parasol, just means ill have to send in my passport and p45 and do the timeseets with them.

Blast!

If you left Parasol "about" six weeks ago, then the contract between Hays and Parasol would be for "about" 10 Mar - 18 July - the paymant for this period should go through Parasol.

You need to get a contract between Hays and Your Ltd Co [ Hays have their own standard contract HIT ] which you should speak to them about getting set up and signed ASAP - Speak to Hays about this - then you can bill Hays for period 18 Jul to 15 Aug [ or later ].

Having said that IF hays have paid Paralsol for the whole period they may be able to process the whole payment if you provide timesheets etc.

By the way as you are now Ltd - do you have an accountant - if so SPEAK TO THEM NOW!!! They may be able to sort this out for you, the consultancy won't be able to as they haven't got the expertise in this area.

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    I would probably agree - it seems that you have decided far too late to run your own ltd and kind of are expecting people to run around re-doing work for you.

get p45 and passport to parasol - make sure your expenses have been entered and verified get paid and don't do it again.

Leave a comment:

• trsisko
    replied

Blast!

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    unlikely Parasol will forward the money to you personally without some form of contract as if you do not pay the tax and NI Parasol will be liable for it.

if it is a B2B agreement tax and ni issue go out the window.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Parasol might go for this solution as it means less work for them than taking on an employee again etc.

Originally posted by Epiphone View Post
    ... just phone Parasol and ask them to forward you the cash...
    your ltd co.
    Last edited by NotAllThere; 27 August 2008, 12:41.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X