• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: IR35 rubbish....

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "IR35 rubbish...."

Collapse

• MickeyP
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    MickeyP apparently has already done some.

Supercilious bint

Leave a comment:

• malvolio
    replied

Actually it's not strictly fair to complain that he missed the PCG version of Survive35, since I just noticed it's listed on a members-only page, which is just a little bit dumb of someone... Ho hum....

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by malvolio View Post

And I realise you are not exactlly hooked up with the last 7 years of debate, but the PCG is not a f***ing anti-IR35 insurance agency, it's way more than that. Go do your research.

Leave a comment:

• thunderlizard
    replied
    Has it not occurred to you that IR35 is totally avoidable unless you are genuinely IR35-caught, in which case you should be paying it anyway?
    it sounds so simple when you say it like that!

Leave a comment:

• malvolio
    replied
    Originally posted by firehawk View Post
    right so what you folks are saying is this:

get PCG+ and I would be safe even though I can declare myself outside of IR35?

so once I purchase this, what then happens? Do I need to do anything from my end? What do I Do with them? What do they actually protect you with?
    While you're here, I've got this anti-smoking insurance as well: keep smoking 30 a day and when you get cancer, it cures you and pays for you to sue the GP who diagnosed it.

No, you have to make some attempt to put yourself outside IR35 first. The idea of any of the insurances is to prove you are not caught, not to pay up regardless if you are. The idea of the PCG (well, one of them anyway) is to provide the ammunition to stay out of IR35.

And I realise you are not exactlly hooked up with the last 7 years of debate, but the PCG is not a f***ing anti-IR35 insurance agency, it's way more than that. Go do your research.

Leave a comment:

• MickeyP
    replied

so once I purchase this, what then happens? Do I need to do anything from my end? What do I Do with them? What do they actually protect you with?
    Ok. Forget I spoke.

Leave a comment:

• firehawk
    replied

Leave a comment:

• MickeyP
    replied
    Jeez, don't you do any research? Do you really think PCG would leave that big a hole in their offering? Has it not occurred to you that IR35 is totally avoidable unless you are genuinely IR35-caught, in which case you should be paying it anyway?

The chances of you needing to repay any back tax are minimal anyway, but if you don't want even that risk, you can get discounted cover for the appropriate insurance through Abbey Tax. You'd be wasting your money, IMHO, but it is there.
    With all due respect I made a statement based on research to help the OP so I won't apologise for that.

I don't think there's many that could say (hand on heart) that they're 100% safe from this poxy legislation - particularly in the light of recent cases. I know it's an attitiude to risk thing but I'm one of those people who's generally unlucky when there's a list of names and a pin involved.

Thanks for the valid point about Abbey Tax though.

Leave a comment:

• malvolio
    replied
    Originally posted by MickeyP View Post
    Apart from the fact that PCG+ doesn't pay any penalties that might arise from a lost case. Only Accountax or Upton offer an "IR35 guarantee" as far as I understand (and this is irrespective of any minimum salary).
    Jeez, don't you do any research? Do you really think PCG would leave that big a hole in their offering? Has it not occurred to you that IR35 is totally avoidable unless you are genuinely IR35-caught, in which case you should be paying it anyway?

The chances of you needing to repay any back tax are minimal anyway, but if you don't want even that risk, you can get discounted cover for the appropriate insurance through Abbey Tax. You'd be wasting your money, IMHO, but it is there.

Leave a comment:

• MickeyP
    replied
    PCG+ then. You were given the link before.
    Apart from the fact that PCG+ doesn't pay any penalties that might arise from a lost case. Only Accountax or Upton offer an "IR35 guarantee" as far as I understand (and this is irrespective of any minimum salary).

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    thanks

i spoke to someone @ qdosconsulting and they said that im not entitled for any insurance because my salary is lower than 9K....

charming. so basically i have no cover
    PCG+ then. You were given the link before.

Leave a comment:

• firehawk
    replied
    thanks

i spoke to someone @ qdosconsulting and they said that im not entitled for any insurance because my salary is lower than 9K....

charming. so basically i have no cover

Leave a comment:

• malvolio
    replied
    What he said...

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    PCG+ ?? What's that and what does it do/cover?

in addition, what do I have to do with all this? What is the process?
    Linky.

Pays your money, takes your benefits.

Malvolio will be along at some stage to tell you it's a no brainer

Leave a comment:

• firehawk
    replied
    PCG+ ?? What's that and what does it do/cover?

in addition, what do I have to do with all this? What is the process?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X