• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "HMRC changes tax codes"

Collapse

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Thanks guys - I need to ring them and do the same, then.

Saved me a call to the accountant.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Its a bit academic as I do not plan to pay any salary anyway but it still gets up my nose.

Leave a comment:

• IR35 Avoider
    replied
    I just phoned them on the number and on the coding notice and told them it was wrong (because my "benefit" was also an expense) and they changed it.

Leave a comment:

• ElectricChair
    replied
    Soon they will just be able to take it out of your bank account. If no money there - then put a charge on your house.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    started a topic HMRC changes tax codes

HMRC changes tax codes

I have got a pay coding notice reducing allowance by items on P11D for my non-contracting company although nothing has been put on that is not a valid business expense. P11D is for things that are potentially a BIK, it does not mean they are.

Rung the bastards up and it seems that P11Ds are now being processed ahead of personal returns and tax codes are reduced by any amounts on there. You need to write to the revenue (there is no form) and state that all benefits on P11D are valid business claims.

PS I will have to write three letters (two companies and other director) as putting all on one will doubtless confuse their tiny brains. They never cease to find new ways to grab our money or WASTE OUR F* TIME!!
    Last edited by xoggoth; 23 August 2007, 11:26.

Working...
X