• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Recommend Me Some IR35 Insurance"

Collapse

• Epiphone
    replied
    Originally posted by wattaj View Post
    Quite right too...
    If the PCG aren't the best option, then we don't really deserve your custom.
    Good-luck and let us know how you get on.
    I say if I stay or not but not the reasons. It's not fair to air dirty laundy outside the PCG if that makes sense. Not even dirty laundry though to be honest, just quiries.

Leave a comment:

• wattaj
    replied
    Originally posted by Epiphone View Post
    I'm hedging me bets/doing some research at the moment, that's all
    Quite right too...
    If the PCG aren't the best option, then we don't really deserve your custom.
    Good-luck and let us know how you get on.

Leave a comment:

• Epiphone
    replied
    Originally posted by malvolio View Post
    Indubitably.

However, look for a thread starting "Reflections on..." in Member Services. I rather suspect they are by the same person.
    They are. Or I am. Username was taken on here so I just used the make of guitar that was hanging on the wall in direct line of site when registering on CUK

Leave a comment:

• Epiphone
    replied
    Originally posted by wattaj View Post
    Just out of interest, what do you see as the problem with the PCG offering?
    PM if you'd prefer.
    What Malvolio said below. I'm hedging me bets/doing some research at the moment, that's all

Leave a comment:

• FiveTimes
    replied
    The first four are covered as part of your PCGPlus package . That might stretch to the VAT issue as well (would need to find out form the guys in the office), but if not you have the tax and legal helplines and an awful lot of knowledgeable people to help you out anyway.

Given the chances of a VAT investigation are quite small as long as you're honest and keep the paperwork straight, I'd suggest this deal is a little redundant.
    Cheers Malvolio, I thought a couple would have covered. The price being offered was 58.75, and I think it was being offered by TSB ? If anyone is interesed.

Leave a comment:

• malvolio
    replied
    The first four are covered as part of your PCGPlus package . That might stretch to the VAT issue as well (would need to find out form the guys in the office), but if not you have the tax and legal helplines and an awful lot of knowledgeable people to help you out anyway.

Given the chances of a VAT investigation are quite small as long as you're honest and keep the paperwork straight, I'd suggest this deal is a little redundant.

Leave a comment:

• FiveTimes
    replied
    Indubitably.
    Malvolio,
    Just a quick question, over the weekend I received a letter from my accountants offering a "Tax Investigation Service". This consisted of cover for
    i) Income Tax Self Assessment Enquiry
    ii) Corp Tax Self Assessment Full Enquiry
    iii) HMRC Enquiries under IR35
    iv) Employer Complience Disputes
    v) HMRV VAT Disputes

The policy was being offered by TSB, but discounted by the accountant.

Now the question is as a PCG Plus member, is any of the above covered, and if not is it needed ?

Leave a comment:

• Lockhouse
    replied
    Not me matey. I want everyone to know I can be just as twattish over here...

Leave a comment:

• wattaj
    replied
    Originally posted by malvolio
    However, look for a thread starting "Reflections on..." in Member Services. I rather suspect they are by the same person.
    Oh, you scallywags...
    Changing your names from fora to fora...
    Almost as though you have something to hide.

Leave a comment:

• malvolio
    replied
    Originally posted by wattaj
    I'm sure that there's a clue in there some where, but I'm damned if I can find it...
    You are obviously much more clever than I.
    Indubitably.

Leave a comment:

• wattaj
    replied
    Originally posted by malvolio
    You know the answer to that - it's in the "other" place's Member Services...
    I'm sure that there's a clue in there some where, but I'm damned if I can find it...
    You are obviously much more clever than I.

Leave a comment:

• malvolio
    replied
    You know the answer to that - it's in the "other" place's Member Services...

Leave a comment:

• wattaj
    replied
    Originally posted by Epiphone
    Taking the PCG option out if the running...
    Just out of interest, what do you see as the problem with the PCG offering?
    PM if you'd prefer.

Leave a comment:

• v8gaz
    replied
    Indeed it was. The PCG also offered to take the case further, but the person in question declined. Thats one of the other benefits of PCG membership, you're not alone.

Plus, there are a lot more benefits for your £120 than simply insurance.

Leave a comment:

• mjshrimpton
    replied
    Originally posted by Lewis

However, there has been a recent loss by the PCG and so I am happy with my decision to go with the full package as I am fully protected and can safely sleep at night.
    Not wanting to nitpick, but I dont think the person who lost was a PCG member, so it was not a loss by them, but by one of their preferred suppliers. In fact their figure on their home page is the totals for their suppliers, not their members.

And it was a weird case where the end client pitched up and claimed the opposite was true on the ground than had been agreed between themselves and the contractor.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X