• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Gabem

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Gabem"

Collapse

• Pondlife
    replied
    Originally posted by becca_sampson
    is upton and co the one based up in Barnsley?!

Wakefield as far as I know. Darren is the chap you want. Id is darren@1staccountancy on here.

I use them and would recommend.

Leave a comment:

• becca_sampson
    replied
    is upton and co the one based up in Barnsley?!

Leave a comment:

• becca_sampson
    replied
    i'm sorry, i dont get it. looking at those recommended companies now... thanks

Leave a comment:

• ratewhore
    replied
    blimey - no one said

I'm shocked!!

Leave a comment:

• Cowboy Bob
    replied
    My brother in law is an electrician and he used Gabem (when in their MSC guise) until a few months ago. He had no complaints as far as I know.

But.... he got out just before the Revenue took them to court and had their CIS exemption certificate revoked meaning they could only effectively pay dividends at the end of the tax year. They were appealing this last I heard.

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    Pick an accountant recommended on here;

SJD, Nixon Williams, Upton & Co

Get them to form Your Co for a small fee (if any) and keep complete control of the money you worked so hard to get.

HTH

Leave a comment:

• simondolan
    replied
    thats all great guys. do you know what gabem is like though? i have only skimmed their website today. good/bad feedback appreciated. have looked into other companies too like brooksons, giant ( alhtough i did notice some bad feedback from giant on here!!) and crest. lots of choices, little time to make my mind up!!
    All the Companies you are looking at are either composite or managed service companies. Is there a reason you don't want to run your own Company?

Leave a comment:

• becca_sampson
    replied
    thats all great guys. do you know what gabem is like though? i have only skimmed their website today. good/bad feedback appreciated. have looked into other companies too like brooksons, giant ( alhtough i did notice some bad feedback from giant on here!!) and crest. lots of choices, little time to make my mind up!!

Leave a comment:

• simondolan
    replied
    hey all what do you guys/ladies think of Gabem? Thinking about going through them, am fairly new to all of this! I know they are changing because of the budget but i dont really want to start handing over fees etc until i know i am sure i want to go through them!!!!
    From the PCG:

"PCG expects that the changes will make it even more difficult for existing scheme providers to avoid the rules by giving their contractors “personal service companies”: PCG advises contractors currently with MSCs to use a limited company or a high quality umbrella, or else risk becoming part of a test case."

Leave a comment:

• PAG
    replied
    I know that they are in a process of opening companies for their clients. Is that what you want ??

Leave a comment:

• becca_sampson
    started a topic Gabem

Gabem

hey all what do you guys/ladies think of Gabem? Thinking about going through them, am fairly new to all of this! I know they are changing because of the budget but i dont really want to start handing over fees etc until i know i am sure i want to go through them!!!!

Working...
X