• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "A question for any EDS contractors"

Collapse

• scooterscot
    replied
    Originally posted by ratewhore View Post
    **** knows - grow a pair and make a decision instead of fannying around on these boards...
    You see Flash, I have the up most respect for the philosophy 'belts off pants down isn't life a scream?' but a decision made now would be based on poor information... I think that's why I'm holding.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
    I have a new contract starting next week and I am being told along with many others that I may have to enter working time details on their SAP system, nice of them to drop this in less than a week before I start.
    I did a contract like this where after a couple of weeks I was told that I would have to use a SAP system to book my time. At that time, SAP would only work with IE but the client refused IE on site and only had Netscape which is how I got out of it

Leave a comment:

• ratewhore
    replied
    Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    I've still not accepted the agent keeps calling (and is becoming a little frustrated) - why am I holding?
    **** knows - grow a pair and make a decision instead of fannying around on these boards...

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    I've still not accepted the agent keeps calling (and is becoming a little frustrated) - why am I holding?

Leave a comment:

• ratewhore
    replied
    So what's it like working for them?

They've just offered the biggest pot of money top end for my line of work in fact. 35% increase on current rate to be sure...

What's the catch?
    My experience was positive. The fact it was EDS made no difference. Don't let the doom mongers put you off...

Leave a comment:

• badger7579
    replied

They've just offered the biggest pot of money top end for my line of work in fact. 35% increase on current rate to be sure...

What's the catch?
    Lucky you. I'm up for 2 positions with them and the rates are very mediocre. In fact they are nearly at the point where if they were any lower I'd hardly be pulling in any profit at all.

Its tough times

Leave a comment:

• pmeswani
    replied
    Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
    I have a new contract starting next week and I am being told along with many others that I may have to enter working time details on their SAP system, nice of them to drop this in less than a week before I start.

Obviously from an IR35 perspective this is not good and I am waiting on clarification from their HR as to whether I will need to or not.

I have worked with EDS in the past I never had to do this before so are there any other contractors out there that have to do this?
    I can't see the problem with entering time on their system. At least they can charge the relevant project teams the money that pays your rate. The more money they rake in, the quicker they can pay you. Also, if you are due for a rate rise, it will be a lot easier to justify. I'm not sure how it's a bad IR35 pointer to be honest. (And yes, I know I am oversimplifying the argument)

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied

What's the catch?

Leave a comment:

• Bluebird
    replied
    Originally posted by Lockhouse
    I emailed my time details to EDS who keyed them for me. I managed to avoid using my EDS email address for over 18 months. I was on a client site and didn't speak to anyone from EDS for nearly a year. Plus B&C managed to get me decent contract changes as well.
    weren't you a bit lonely ?

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    They have their fingers in so many pie's its getting hard to avoid them.

Leave a comment:

• EqualOpportunities
    replied
    Don't work for EDS - period. They're (one of) the biggest bunch of cun*s ever...

Leave a comment:

• Lockhouse
    replied
    I emailed my time details to EDS who keyed them for me. I managed to avoid using my EDS email address for over 18 months. I was on a client site and didn't speak to anyone from EDS for nearly a year. Plus B&C managed to get me decent contract changes as well.

Leave a comment:

• ratewhore
    replied
    I refused an EDS laptop and emailed my billable days to a doris at EDS who inputted it for me...

Leave a comment:

• Bluebird
    replied
    Originally posted by gingerjedi

Obviously from an IR35 perspective this is not good and I am waiting on clarification from their HR as to whether I will need to or not.

I have worked with EDS in the past I never had to do this before so are there any other contractors out there that have to do this?
    I'm not too sure of how much of a bad thing this is, don't forget the test is about "control & direction" - i.e. if you work for 2 hours and nobody tells you to do any different, then whether you record those hours for the client is neither here nor there.

All you are doing is providing the client with evidence so that they can reconcile the invoice when it arrives - much like a a company rep saying to the client "look heres 30 boxes of whatsits and I've signed that I've delivered them"

The problem arises IF there are any stipulations about the time recording system - are you told when to start / finish ? Do you need to fill in a "holiday" request etc ?

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    started a topic A question for any EDS contractors

A question for any EDS contractors

Working...
X