• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Umbrella company: Employer's tax deductions document?"

Collapse

• GhostofTarbera
    replied
    Originally posted by elr20 View Post
    Hi, thank you for the replies.

So I do have payslips for each week, and they show a line for "Employment Costs, Including Employer's National Insurance".

When I was a permanent employee my paylips showed the taxes removed each month, but I would still get a P60 which summarises it at the end of the tax year and makes it easy to see how much was paid, if it was overpaid, etc. I do understand what you mean though about a weekly tax vs a yearly.

So is it safe to say there is definitely no official yearly document that shows the total employers NI paid?
    I just need to keep an eye on it myself from each payslip?
    Am I right in saying it should be 13.8% on anything over £169.00? Or is it not as simple as that?

Sorry if I'm not explaining it well, I'm confusing myself more and more every time I think about it

Thanks.
    Above posts have already told you

You get a P60 from the umbrella

No it’s not easy as umbrellas make several deductions

Holiday pay, apprentice levy, employer Ni etc etc

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Leave a comment:

• elr20
    replied
    Hi, thank you for the replies.

So I do have payslips for each week, and they show a line for "Employment Costs, Including Employer's National Insurance".

When I was a permanent employee my paylips showed the taxes removed each month, but I would still get a P60 which summarises it at the end of the tax year and makes it easy to see how much was paid, if it was overpaid, etc. I do understand what you mean though about a weekly tax vs a yearly.

So is it safe to say there is definitely no official yearly document that shows the total employers NI paid?
    I just need to keep an eye on it myself from each payslip?
    Am I right in saying it should be 13.8% on anything over £169.00? Or is it not as simple as that?

Sorry if I'm not explaining it well, I'm confusing myself more and more every time I think about it

Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• Ricky@IntouchAccounting
    replied
    Hello everyone,

I've been lurking on these forums this year as I am new to contracting.
    I have finally registered as I have question that I can't find answers to...

As a permanent employee, I would get a P60 at the end of the tax year which tells me how much employee taxes I have paid.

Is there an equivalent document from umbrella companies when they pay employer's taxes out of the money I'm bringing in?

Without a document like this, how would I know if an umbrella company is paying the correct amount of employer's taxes for me?

Thank you.

You should get a weekly/monthly payslip and then a P60 also at the end of the tax year.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Hello everyone,

As a permanent employee, I would get a P60 at the end of the tax year which tells me how much employee taxes I have paid.

Is there an equivalent document from umbrella companies when they pay employer's taxes out of the money I'm bringing in?

Without a document like this, how would I know if an umbrella company is paying the correct amount of employer's taxes for me?

Thank you.
    You should get that every week / month as the money from the agency is paid for you.

And Employer NI is like Employee NI a weekly / monthly tax so you don't need to look at it in yearly instalments as you do with a P60 and income tax.

Leave a comment:

• elr20
    started a topic Umbrella company: Employer's tax deductions document?

Umbrella company: Employer's tax deductions document?

Hello everyone,

Thank you.

Working...
X