• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Limited company loan to another limited company under same director"

Collapse

• sojan
    replied
    Originally posted by Lance View Post
    Number 2.

Simpler and doesn’t mean cocking around with interest.
    Just use the initial £20k as the first capital and release some shares against it. I’d go for 200 shares so valued at £100 each.
    Old co becomes the owner. You can appoint yourself as a director.
    Cheers.

Any idea for what happens for (1) and (2) ? i.e. in case of subsidiary how will it impact those two points?

Leave a comment:

• Lance
    replied
    Number 2.

Simpler and doesn’t mean cocking around with interest.
    Just use the initial £20k as the first capital and release some shares against it. I’d go for 200 shares so valued at £100 each.
    Old co becomes the owner. You can appoint yourself as a director.

Leave a comment:

• Limited company loan to another limited company under same director

I guess this has been asked here few times, but couldn't get clarity on few points

Scenario
    I've got my Limited company running for 6 years (OldCompany) and I wanted to start a small start-up company (NewCompany). Needed to have a seed capital of 20K for NewCompany which I was thinking to fund from OldCompany. I've got accountant for OldCompany but not planning for NewCompany as the profits may not be good enough initially.

Few queries
    1. The company-to-company loan from OldCompany to NewCompany. If the Loan traverses the Company year end of
    OldCompany, will I need to pay corporation tax for that year on the loan from OldCompany? Or should I pay Corp Tax when NewCompany pays it back?

2. Is it better to start NewCompany as subsidiary of OldCompany i.e. owned by OldCompany to get the loan?

3. If I make a loss in NewCompany but say transfer only £15K back to OldCompany how does the calculations happen? If I setup as Subsidiary, will this be offset against OldCompany profits?
    Last edited by sojan; 14 May 2020, 18:05.

Working...
X