• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Company Secretary

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Company Secretary"

Collapse

• Scruff
    replied
    Originally posted by LtdKnowledge View Post
    Good Afternoon all!

Thank you for creating this fantastic forum, it has been a huge use to me over the last year for various topics and I very much hope and intend to be able to provide any useful insights over the coming years should I be able.

Apologies if this is a basic question, I have searched and looked at the stickies and do hope it is not clearly covered. I am keen to set up a Company Secretary for my Ltd Company, and have been advised the best route forward by my Accountant who I of course pay a monthly fee for.

My accountant is truly excellent and I appreciate we all need to make our money, he has offered to carry out the setup for £120 + VAT. My question is, what further actions are required than filling out and submitting the AP03 form to Companies House?

https://assets.publishing.service.go...33/AP03_v6.pdf

I am keen to ensure I don't miss anything critical, for example updating the PSC log. But also keen not to spend what I see as a considerable fee if filling out the form is the only step.

Thanks in advance for any insights you are able to provide.
    If you are looking to appoint a Company Secretary, in order to pay them a salary for this (superfluous) role, then I suggest you don't - there is no "work" for the Company Secretary to do. Income shifting

Leave a comment:

• sal
    replied
    Originally posted by TheCyclingProgrammer View Post
    Yes, although in the common scenario of said shareholder being a spouse it would, IMO, be more prudent to make them a director for other reasons (easier to take care of matters if something were to happen to OP).
    Yeah, but then you have the odd agency bitching about you not being a sole Director and refusing to submit your CV to ClientCo...

Leave a comment:

• TheCyclingProgrammer
    replied
    Originally posted by Amanensia View Post
    Might possibly be useful to denominate a shareholder as a company officer for eventual ER eligibility.
    Yes, although in the common scenario of said shareholder being a spouse it would, IMO, be more prudent to make them a director for other reasons (easier to take care of matters if something were to happen to OP).

Leave a comment:

• Amanensia
    replied
    Originally posted by TheCyclingProgrammer View Post
    Why do you want a company secretary?
    Might possibly be useful to denominate a shareholder as a company officer for eventual ER eligibility.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    You don't need one and, if you do, you just log into your company on Companies House and fill in form AP03 yourself, for free and 5 minutes of your time.

Your accountant may be excellent but that's a lot of money for some old rope.

Leave a comment:

• TheCyclingProgrammer
    replied
    Why do you want a company secretary?

Leave a comment:

• LtdKnowledge
    started a topic Company Secretary

Company Secretary

Good Afternoon all!

Thank you for creating this fantastic forum, it has been a huge use to me over the last year for various topics and I very much hope and intend to be able to provide any useful insights over the coming years should I be able.

Apologies if this is a basic question, I have searched and looked at the stickies and do hope it is not clearly covered. I am keen to set up a Company Secretary for my Ltd Company, and have been advised the best route forward by my Accountant who I of course pay a monthly fee for.

My accountant is truly excellent and I appreciate we all need to make our money, he has offered to carry out the setup for £120 + VAT. My question is, what further actions are required than filling out and submitting the AP03 form to Companies House?

https://assets.publishing.service.go...33/AP03_v6.pdf

I am keen to ensure I don't miss anything critical, for example updating the PSC log. But also keen not to spend what I see as a considerable fee if filling out the form is the only step.

Thanks in advance for any insights you are able to provide.

Working...
X