• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "MTD: Sage Vs Xero Vs Freeagent"

Collapse

• DeludedKitten
    replied
    Open an RBS Business Account and they give you FreeAgent for free with it.

Bank account costs £5 a month - you don't have to use it - and that saves the FA fee itself.

I have no idea what RBS are like for banking with them, but if you want or need FreeAgent and your accountant can't do it for you, that's the cheapest way to do it.

Leave a comment:

• Cid
    replied
    Another vote for free agent.
    if you the sort who is a bit OCD about keeping everything tidy, then free agent makes that very easy.

Leave a comment:

• Alchemy Accountancy
    replied
    Originally posted by asingh View Post
    Hi Guys,

In prep for the whole MTD - My accountant has told me to setup online accounts and has suggested 3 from what others with him are using (Sage, Xero and quickbooks). I was previously gearing towards Xero, however i been trawling through this from and reading all the recent posts about this and it seem the best option for a contractor (such as me - 2 employees - me and wife) is Freeagent.

Looking at the pricing - i was looking at Xeros basic plan (£9 a month) but Free agent is coming in at £24 a month for the ltd company package.

I been on the forum for years (mostly reading and absorbing posts) so i know this a place i can trust for good advice and i know its a topic much discussed. I have read most of the recent posts and searched but not really able to make a 100% choice (based on the price difference).

So.... advice please - xero vs freeagent?

Thank you all for reading the post and any help provided in advance!
    I work with both FreeAgent and Xero, and whilst Xero is great for SMEs, FreeAgent beats it hands down for contractors. The interface with FreeAgent is far easier to use and it will provide you with an estimate of your Corporation Tax liability (which Xero won't). Most accountants include the bookkeeping subscription as part of their fee.

Leave a comment:

• l35kee
    replied
    Yeah, go FreeAgent. Most of us get it included in the package of our contractor friendly accountants.

Leave a comment:

• asingh
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Erm...
    What I meant was some of the posts I was reading were nearly 2 yrs old so just wondering if anything has changed in the past few yrs and if freagent was still the best to go for.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by asingh View Post
    Erm...

i been trawling through this from and reading all the recent posts about this and it seem the best option for a contractor (such as me - 2 employees - me and wife) is Freeagent.
    You'd have been better signing up for an accountant that offered FA as part of the deal.
    Last edited by northernladuk; 19 March 2019, 00:47.

Leave a comment:

• asingh
    started a topic MTD: Sage Vs Xero Vs Freeagent

MTD: Sage Vs Xero Vs Freeagent

Hi Guys,

In prep for the whole MTD - My accountant has told me to setup online accounts and has suggested 3 from what others with him are using (Sage, Xero and quickbooks). I was previously gearing towards Xero, however i been trawling through this from and reading all the recent posts about this and it seem the best option for a contractor (such as me - 2 employees - me and wife) is Freeagent.

Looking at the pricing - i was looking at Xeros basic plan (£9 a month) but Free agent is coming in at £24 a month for the ltd company package.

I been on the forum for years (mostly reading and absorbing posts) so i know this a place i can trust for good advice and i know its a topic much discussed. I have read most of the recent posts and searched but not really able to make a 100% choice (based on the price difference).

Thank you all for reading the post and any help provided in advance!

Working...
X