• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Adding house wife as a ltd company director"

Collapse

• JohntheBike
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    OK, this is what I was looking for

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Here it is in pretty pictures.

https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/...art-160419.pdf

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by JohntheBike View Post
    no, guess again

but as the heading suggests, the EAT is part of the Court of Appeal. So, I represented myself in the EAT, aka, the Court of Appeal?, in December 2002.

edit
    under the heading of "Appearances" in the judgement

For the Appellant - the Appellant in person.
    No it doesn't. It indicates the Court of Appeal is hearing something that came through the EAT. The appeals they hear could have come from a number routes. It sits above EAT as the next step but is no way part of it. It has a Civil and Criminal divisions which proclude it from being part of anything for a start and so on.

Read the wiki
    Employment Appeal Tribunal - Wikipedia

A party dissatisfied with a decision of the Employment Appeal Tribunal may apply to the tribunal requesting a review of its own decision. The tribunal may also review its decision of its own motion. Decisions can be reviewed where an error is relatively minor, for example a clerical error. Where a party believes the tribunal has misapplied the law or acted perversely, the review process is inappropriate and the party may appeal to the Court of Appeal (England and Wales) or the Court of Session (Scotland).
    Last edited by northernladuk; 15 May 2019, 21:47.

Leave a comment:

• JohntheBike
    replied
    Originally posted by DeludedKitten View Post
    No, the EAT is NOT part of the Court of Appeal.

They are not the same thing.

You are deluding yourself if you think that they are.

Nobody, ever, has said that the Employment Appeal Tribunal is also known as the Court of Appeal and been factually correct.
    well, the title of the case listed seems to imply that the EAT is a part of the Court of Appeal. The diagram I linked to also suggests this. So we need a legal bod to clarify this for us. i.e what is the relationship between the EAT and the Court of Appeal, and also what is the relationship between the Upper Tribunal and the Court of Appeal. Both are higher than their respective lower courts. So in the diagram listed, it shows "Tribunals" subservient to the Court of Appeal. So does that mean, the 1st Tier Tribunal, the Upper Tribunal, the ET and the EAT are subservient to the COA within their respective hierarchies?

i.e !st Tier Tribunal > Upper Tribunal > Court of Appeal
    and Employment Tribunal > Employment Appeal Tribunal > Court of Appeal

but whatever, I represented myself at the Employment Appeal Tribunal, which was heard by a High Court Judge, Mr. Justice Elias. A preliminary hearing had also been heard by a High Court Judge, Mr. Justice Lindsay.

Leave a comment:

• DeludedKitten
    replied
    no, guess again

but as the heading suggests, the EAT is part of the Court of Appeal. So, I represented myself in the EAT, aka, the Court of Appeal?, in December 2002.
    No, the EAT is NOT part of the Court of Appeal.

They are not the same thing.

You are deluding yourself if you think that they are.

Nobody, ever, has said that the Employment Appeal Tribunal is also known as the Court of Appeal and been factually correct.

Leave a comment:

• JohntheBike
    replied
    Bowne International Ltd v Slater & Ors, Court of Appeal - United Kingdom Employment Appeal Tribunal, December 20, 2002, [2002] UKEAT 1165_02_2012 ?
    no, guess again

edit
    under the heading of "Appearances" in the judgement

For the Appellant - the Appellant in person.
    Last edited by JohntheBike; 15 May 2019, 15:40.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    EAT December 2002 heard by Mr. Justice Elias
    Bowne International Ltd v Slater & Ors, Court of Appeal - United Kingdom Employment Appeal Tribunal, December 20, 2002, [2002] UKEAT 1165_02_2012 ?

Leave a comment:

• DeludedKitten
    replied
    be careful, as I can prove what I say.

Leave a comment:

• DeludedKitten
    replied
    that's for Tax related issues, amongst others, as I understand it and the EAT has equivalent priority in law.
    Amongst the other issues that the Appeals Court might hear, you would find employment cases.

An appeal from the EAT would go to the Appeals Court, so they do not have equivalent priority at all.

The legal process for going through the Appeals Court (and possibly beyond) is significantly longer, more arduous and more expensive than just rocking up with your £1600 at an EAT and arguing your case yourself.

One would generally expect an eminent legal mind to understand these things.

Leave a comment:

• JohntheBike
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    OK, so not the Appeals Court.
    that's for Tax related issues, amongst others, as I understand it and the EAT has equivalent priority in law. But I guess someone will come along here and correct me.

edit,
    this is the court structure as I understand it -

Redirect Notice

which shows the upper court from tribunals as the Appeal Court. So, based on that structure the EAT is under the jurisdiction of the Appeal Court.
    Last edited by JohntheBike; 15 May 2019, 14:47.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    OK, so not the Appeals Court.

Leave a comment:

• JohntheBike
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    Court of Appeal or EAT?

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Many years ago I was an avid poster on these fora under a different pseudonym, but many were strongly opposed to my opinions and actions. So I'm reluctant to publish details again here. But rest assured, what I've stated is entirely correct. If it's allowable on these fora, you can advise me of your private Email address and I'll send you the details.
    Court of Appeal or EAT?

Leave a comment:

• JohntheBike
    replied
    The more he says the less I believe.
    be careful, as I can prove what I say.

Leave a comment:

• JohntheBike
    replied
    Originally posted by DeludedKitten View Post
    You went to the Appeal Court with no legal representation??

What's the reference for the High Court hearing and the Appeals Court one as well?
    Many years ago I was an avid poster on these fora under a different pseudonym, but many were strongly opposed to my opinions and actions. So I'm reluctant to publish details again here. But rest assured, what I've stated is entirely correct. If it's allowable on these fora, you can advise me of your private Email address and I'll send you the details.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X