• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Yet Another Training Question"

Collapse

• freshblue
    replied
    As per Mr Cojak - VAT reclaim is perfectly ok

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Of course...

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    I've always claimed the VAT back on training courses. I'm a business for gods sake!

Leave a comment:

• Sockpuppet
    replied
    Well I got a answer to this. I'm putting it through as a health & safety course.

As I already work in the general field then I can say that it was done for health & safety reasons and not for new work. So can calim the VAT. Yee haw...

Leave a comment:

• Sockpuppet
    started a topic Yet Another Training Question

Yet Another Training Question

Whats the diddly o on VAT on training courses.

I searched and found "govt say: if you need training employer should provide it".

Well in that case my employer would be my own Ltd. I've also heard people say that "can't claim VAT as its a new skill" well I wouldnt want to do the training if I could already do it would I.

Basically I got talking to a mate last night and have agreed to take on his brother and employ him and pay for him to do his C+E. I will then take a % of his wages over the first year to cover the training (its cheaper than him getting a loan). But I want to know if I am liable for Corp Tax & VAT on this. Training costs will be £1880+VAT

I can justify the training as "nessecary" for the future growth of the business but it would be a new skill (for him) so I shouldnt therefore be allowed to get tax back on it. So I'm look @ £400 VAT onto which I would really like to be able to get back.

Ideas....

On the phone to PCG/Accountants (well when they open in the morning) just wanted as many opinions as possible

Working...
X