• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Mileage expense whilst on VAT FRS"

Collapse

• LondonManc
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Got a free photo of the motor though

You're reg plate is "I Don't Know"?

Who'd have thought it?

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
    Oh dear. That's very unfortunate. He must be quite upset about that. It's a good job his friends are on hand to help him see the funny side of the situation
    Got a free photo of the motor though

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by b r View Post
    Thought for the day: Is the congestion charge cheaper than a bus lane fine?

https://twitter.com/beachcastingltd/...73619789254656
    £30 if you pay up quick.....

Leave a comment:

• b r
    replied

https://twitter.com/beachcastingltd/...73619789254656

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    Oh dear. That's very unfortunate. He must be quite upset about that. It's a good job his friends are on hand to help him see the funny side of the situation
    We've tried not to mention it.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Oh dear. That's very unfortunate. He must be quite upset about that. It's a good job his friends are on hand to help him stump up the money for the fine
    FTFY

Leave a comment:

• barrydidit
    replied
    Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
    He thought he was.

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    If you drive a bus, they're both the same. Why do you ask? Does NL drive a bus?

He thought he was.

Leave a comment:

• barrydidit
    replied
    If you drive a bus, they're both the same. Why do you ask? Does NL drive a bus?

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    but what I think is often no where near reality. I'd be checking it if I were you
    But you're infalli.... oh, no, wait.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    WFH 3 days a week it is then.
    but what I think is often no where near reality. I'd be checking it if I were you

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    WFH 3 days a week it is then.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Exactly. If I continue to stay close to CW, then the Square Mile involves a significantly different journey - I can currently walk to CW, whereas the Square Mile would involve DLR (and potentially northern line) or a bus journey.

Time to do the unthinkable and ask my accountant.
    Significant compared to what? A change from Manchester to Coventry or between any cities. If so then it suddenly becomes insignificant. A zone, a tube fare? They are significant? A non Londoner would say no. Someone that doesn't think anything exists outside the M25 might say yes.

To add to this a number of articles talk about a journey change of 10 miles.. Canary Wharf to the Square mile is 4.3 miles so again doesn't meet another potential criteria. If every 4.3 mile change resets the clock they might as well bin the entire concept.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Well, if you're coming down from up north, the journey is largely similar until you get to London. There's also the factor of significantly different locations of hotels and other accommodation. Which journey should I count, the daily one or the weekly one?
    IMO it's clearly the weekly one. All the documentation discusses permanent place of work and the temporary one. Nowhere does it mentioned from the hotel to the client. Take the hotel out of the equation, that's your choice to stay there and the qualifying journey is from Manchester to London. Otherwise you could just change hotels from somewhere north of London to somewhere south and claim the 24 month resets but you are forgetting the commute from the north.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Apart from NLUK of course.
    And to make that point I've got some comments...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X