• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "K&B Accountancy group referral"

Collapse

• Kaz
    replied
    Tash, agree with what you're saying, have done some research, i guess proof's in the pudding.

Bump. Last chance for someone to refer me to K&B, PM me if you want in.

Leave a comment:

• Tash @ K&B Accountancy
    replied
    Hello there!

I see that it is time for us over at K&B to jump back onto CUK, it’s nice that our slight absence has been noticed.

Kaz, the contractors on here are correct to mention doing your research and ensuring you are confident with the quality of service of your chosen accountancy service.

I am sorry to hear that you had a negative experience Filthy1980 during your three years with us. Please inform your friend to contact me directly and I will personally look into resolving any concerns they may have immediately.

All our accountants are available to offer in-depth, individual consultations to discuss all aspects of contracting through a limited company.

Kindest regards,

Tash

Leave a comment:

• ContrataxLtd
    replied
    Originally posted by Kaz View Post
    I think I need to add that price is quite a big factor in all this. I have seen that some accoutancy firms charging up to £200 a month for similar services charged at £100 a month. My setup is really simple and could do FreeAgent all by myself with the software, so I guess I'd be swayed by a monthly solution that came to £50-60 inc VAT a month...
    You may struggle with that price range to be honest but lets break it down a moment, you want to pay £60 inc VAT which works out at £50+VAT. On top of this you would be doing everything yourself in Freeagent and paying for that subscription yourself too which is another £29+VAT so you are now looking at £79+VAT per month to cover what you think you want. N.B I appreciate that you can get offers on the Freeagent subscription from time to time which would bring the cost in this method down a little bit.

Most accountants that include the Freeagent subscription in their price will be around the £80-£100+VAT per month mark so not actually too far off what you want to be paying, you will probably also get more support and additional services thrown in using an all inclusive service like that.

In my opinion anything in the £200 per month bracket is paying over the odds, or paying for 'add ons' that you can probably get much cheaper elsewhere.

Martin
    Contratax Ltd

Leave a comment:

• Kaz
    replied
    I think I need to add that price is quite a big factor in all this. I have seen that some accoutancy firms charging up to £200 a month for similar services charged at £100 a month. My setup is really simple and could do FreeAgent all by myself with the software, so I guess I'd be swayed by a monthly solution that came to £50-60 inc VAT a month...

Leave a comment:

• ContrataxLtd
    replied
    Who did you go with in the end and how much was it?

I have tried using google any comments about them, but dont see a lot, I picked them because they're a free agent accountant, and the person I have been speaking knows his stuff, but yea concerned my allocated accountant won't be very knowledgeable, I've been able to upload everything into FreeAgent already, just need someone that knows their stuff and check my figures are correct and follow rules. Would be good to find someone one decent on here, but haven't seen anyone being recommended, just a lot of talk on firms.

Thanks,
    If all you are looking for is a Freeagent accountant who posts on here there are a good number to choose from. Maslins, Alan@Broomeaffinity, Michael at BI Accountancy and of course ourselves to name just a few. There are a few more who post but I'm struggling to think of their names at the moment.....

Martin
    Contratax Ltd

Leave a comment:

• filthy1980
    replied

Thanks,
    I'm using a local accountant now and it's about the same £1100 per year, there are a number of firms on here who have been recommended more highly than K&B have so if you can speak with one of those first

Leave a comment:

• missinggreenfields
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Well IPSE+ doesn't do PI/PL and contract reviews so would need QDOS for that and IPSE has stuff QDOS doesn't do would need both no?
    They do contract reviews which are a full business review rather than only focusssing on IR35. I know someone who's used them a few times and been impressed with it, but I haven't done it myself.

Leave a comment:

• Kaz
    replied
    Originally posted by filthy1980 View Post
    was with K&B for about 3 years when I first went Ltd

they aren't very good

first person who handled my account was good and seemed a "real" accountant, all subsequent ones were no more then glorified book keepers, no proactive management of my accounts, I had to initiate all discussions and propose options (which I gathered from this forum)

I know a friend is still with them and they haven't changed, they didn't even advise him of the right salary and dividend thresholds for the current tax year

I'd advise OP to go elsewhere

Originally posted by SlipTheJab View Post
    I seem to remember reading a fair few tales of woe on here about them, seriously though why not go with one of accountants who post on here, I know I would if I was changing.
    I have tried using google any comments about them, but dont see a lot, I picked them because they're a free agent accountant, and the person I have been speaking knows his stuff, but yea concerned my allocated accountant won't be very knowledgeable, I've been able to upload everything into FreeAgent already, just need someone that knows their stuff and check my figures are correct and follow rules. Would be good to find someone one decent on here, but haven't seen anyone being recommended, just a lot of talk on firms.

Thanks,

Leave a comment:

• filthy1980
    replied
    was with K&B for about 3 years when I first went Ltd

they aren't very good

first person who handled my account was good and seemed a "real" accountant, all subsequent ones were no more then glorified book keepers, no proactive management of my accounts, I had to initiate all discussions and propose options (which I gathered from this forum)

I know a friend is still with them and they haven't changed, they didn't even advise him of the right salary and dividend thresholds for the current tax year

I'd advise OP to go elsewhere

Leave a comment:

• SlipTheJab
    replied
    Originally posted by teapot418 View Post
    As would I, but I can't see anything negative. Most recent discussion is here. They don't appear to be one of the more popular accountants on here (probably because they don't post much) but that doesn't mean they're bad. Not really fair to suggest there are negative reviews if there aren't (your google skills may turn up more than mine, in which case apologies!)
    Fair point, could be mistaken, OP in the words of NLUK do your own research and good luck!

Leave a comment:

• teapot418
    replied
    I seem to remember reading a fair few tales of woe on here about them, seriously though why not go with one of accountants who post on here, I know I would if I was changing.
    As would I, but I can't see anything negative. Most recent discussion is here. They don't appear to be one of the more popular accountants on here (probably because they don't post much) but that doesn't mean they're bad. Not really fair to suggest there are negative reviews if there aren't (your google skills may turn up more than mine, in which case apologies!)

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    The thousands he receives each year in Amazon Vouchers for referrals make up for it
    I'd quite happily prove that's completely wrong. I think I've got 2 IPSE recently and haven't had a QDOS one from here yet. You know a vast majority of the time i don't link the codes.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Well IPSE+ doesn't do PI/PL and contract reviews so would need QDOS for that and IPSE has stuff QDOS doesn't do would need both no?

Leave a comment:

• SlipTheJab
    replied
    Originally posted by dx4100 View Post
    Our of interest why do you have IPSE+ and QDOS ?
    The thousands he receives each year in Amazon Vouchers for referrals make up for it

Leave a comment:

• SlipTheJab
    replied
    Why not?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X