• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "One-off lump sum employer pension contribution by DD"

Collapse

• nozmeister
    replied
    Fidelity functionality now gone and you need to fill in a form and post cheques to them.

Quality.

Leave a comment:

• BR14
    replied
    Fidelity have had this functionality for a couple of years.

Leave a comment:

• barrydidit
    replied
    The company contribution thing has gone

Apparently they're having trouble with card payments. IT are looking at it. There is no ETA for resolution.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
    I'm sure there was a more recent thread about this topic, but I can't find it...

I've just made an online card transaction to deposit employer funds into a HL SIPP. I'm certain this is new functionality. Use MyAccounts>SIPP>AddMoney and there's now a 'What type of contribution would you like to make?' question - Personal or Employer (with MyCo as the identified employer).

Should save a bit of admin in sending emails/posting cheques. You can also make your investment choice as part of the process.
    Brilliant>perfect>thanks!

Makes it much much easier.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
    I'm sure there was a more recent thread about this topic, but I can't find it...

I've just made an online card transaction to deposit employer funds into a HL SIPP. I'm certain this is new functionality. Use MyAccounts>SIPP>AddMoney and there's now a 'What type of contribution would you like to make?' question - Personal or Employer (with MyCo as the identified employer).

Should save a bit of admin in sending emails/posting cheques. You can also make your investment choice as part of the process.
    Yep last time I dumped in some money I emailed them and then did a bank transfer.

Nice to know they made it smoother.

Leave a comment:

• barrydidit
    replied

Leave a comment:

• billridley
    replied
    I make regular monthly manual bank transfers to my HL Sipp and follow up each one with an email from my company asking HL to accept for my employee. I made a request to set this up via the HL helpdesk

Leave a comment:

• Scrag Meister
    replied
    MyCo makes one off annual contribution to my pension via online banking but has to be backed up by paperwork as well, confirming amount,source etc..

Leave a comment:

• ruasonid
    replied
    Originally posted by 56samba View Post
    You can bank transfer in Employer contribs. From a pdf on SIPPs I got from HL:

1. CONFIRM THE DETAILS OF THE
    TRANSFER
    Before making the payment, please send us the
    following details:
    • Your name, address and client number or
    National Insurance number
    • The amount being transferred
    • Whether it is a personal contribution (for
    which we will claim tax relief from HMRC),
    or a contribution made by your employer
    • If a personal contribution, please also
    confirm the funds are from an account held
    in your name or joint names
    • If an employer contribution, please also
    include the company name and registered
    address and confirm the funds are being drawn
    from an account in the name of the company
    That is very helpful, thank you.

Leave a comment:

• 56samba
    replied
    You can bank transfer in Employer contribs. From a pdf on SIPPs I got from HL:

1. CONFIRM THE DETAILS OF THE
    TRANSFER
    Before making the payment, please send us the
    following details:
    • Your name, address and client number or
    National Insurance number
    • The amount being transferred
    • Whether it is a personal contribution (for
    which we will claim tax relief from HMRC),
    or a contribution made by your employer
    • If a personal contribution, please also
    confirm the funds are from an account held
    in your name or joint names
    • If an employer contribution, please also
    include the company name and registered
    address and confirm the funds are being drawn
    from an account in the name of the company

Leave a comment:

• Fred Bloggs
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    I never do a form - just a letter and a cheque, which I bung in one of the prepaid envelopes that they're always sending me.
    Now you mention it, I have done that too.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    I never do a form - just a letter and a cheque, which I bung in one of the prepaid envelopes that they're always sending me.

Leave a comment:

• Fred Bloggs
    replied
    Originally posted by ruasonid View Post
    Thanks, looks like I have to "download an employer contribution form". A paper form plus a paper cheque.
    Yes, that is about it. It might be worth a quick call to the SIPP help line, they are very helpful and will tell you if an electronic one off transfer is doable. Nothing to lose.

Leave a comment:

• ruasonid
    replied
    Thanks, looks like I have to "download an employer contribution form". A paper form plus a paper cheque.

Leave a comment:

• Fred Bloggs
    replied
    I believe you can only make MyCo contributions by DD as a monthly payment. You can make lump sums by debit card, but that might only be for personal contributions. I always made MyCo payments by cheque for lump sums, in addition to a monthly DD.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X