• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "No water at client's site?"

Collapse

• cojak
    replied
    This is no longer a Professional thread. Locked.

Leave a comment:

• Cirrus
    replied
    Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
    That the one near Queen Street Station yeh?
    Spot on!

And in case it wasn't totally clear: after two weeks I did enter despite the seats were always red hot from the intensity of use.

I went in because...

... I AM A CONTRACTOR

Leave a comment:

• psychocandy
    replied
    Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
    Sounds like you are trying to arrange some kind of CUK, all male, toilet cruisers meet up

Really, even after you have followed someone in who has had an iffy ruby, the night before
    I would agree as long as there is multiple choice. You need a backup for instances like this.

However, in an ideal scenario the no neighbour trap is best IMHO.

One toilet total is worse of course because of what you mention.

Which is why costa coffee pees me off. Overinflated prices for a coffee and the buggers build one bog and make you queue up to dispose of it. I often wonder if anyone has ever pissed/shat themselves in a costa because the queue is so big.

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    Only thing to concern me would be no dump facilities. Although I'd be happy to add to the pile until its 'pyramid'ing above the rim.

Just imagine you're at a music festival.

Client problem then to poke it all down with a big stick when they sort the plumbing.
    Enough of your project management technique, what about the toilet problems?

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    Sounds like you are trying to arrange some kind of CUK, all male, toilet cruisers meet up

One toilet at client has a single trap. Ideal
    Really, even after you have followed someone in who has had an iffy ruby, the night before
    Last edited by MrMarkyMark; 18 January 2016, 09:50.

Leave a comment:

• psychocandy
    replied
    Originally posted by Cirrus View Post
    A while back I started at BT in Cardiff - Brunel House. The toilets were so frightening it took me two weeks to pluck up courage to go in. Before that I always used to go back to the Holiday Inn.

Posh crappers are near the top of my must-have lists for gigs ;-)

(I've got a hatred of cubicle/partition types - much prefer a separate. One toilet at client has a single trap. Ideal)

Leave a comment:

• piotrkula
    replied
    Go to shop, buy bottled water and hot coffee. Claim expense from your company.
    Work, thats why they pay you.

Leave a comment:

• Cirrus
    replied
    A while back I started at BT in Cardiff - Brunel House. The toilets were so frightening it took me two weeks to pluck up courage to go in. Before that I always used to go back to the Holiday Inn.

Leave a comment:

• psychocandy
    replied
    Only thing to concern me would be no dump facilities. Although I'd be happy to add to the pile until its 'pyramid'ing above the rim.

Just imagine you're at a music festival.

Client problem then to poke it all down with a big stick when they sort the plumbing.

Leave a comment:

• I just need to test it
    replied
    I wonder if OP ever got his day in loo?

Leave a comment:

• Bee
    replied
    No toillet!!!!

You should prepare a survial kit with plastic bags, toillet paper, water...

Don't forget the air spray.

Leave a comment:

• Cirrus
    replied
    Don't lecture me unless you're a lecturer

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    In the UK photos are a no-no.
    I arrived at a challenger bank and at the same moment so did the guy with the photo.

So no - photos are not a no-no.

Stop being so black-and-white.

That's Northern's job.

Leave a comment:

• garethevans1986
    replied
    Go to the nearest (decent) pub, work from there, invoice.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by Cirrus View Post
    Ah well.

You see - there is no God

And ... there is no R U L E O F C V s.

I was asking for people's opinions.
    There are actually rules of CVs that vary both by country and sector.

In every country your CV must be easy to read and not bore the reader.

In the UK photos are a no-no. In some countries in mainland Europe your CV will be binned without one.

In the UK age and other factors that can be used to discriminate against you are a no-no.

In the IT sector you can get away with a CV longer than 2 pages but don't do that if you are a office admin.

etc.

Anyway as MS said tell the person to go to that CV talk.

Leave a comment:

• Cirrus
    replied
    Phew

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    fairly fundamental rule of CVs.
    Ah well.

You see - there is no God

And ... there is no R U L E O F C V s.

I was asking for people's opinions.

Leave a comment:

Working...