• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "DIY PAYE help please"

Collapse

• pr1
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    +1 even if his capitals key isn't working.
    FOUND IT

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by pr1 View Post
    pay & use an accountant, even if just for the first year - they will almost certainly save you money overall - then you can go on your own after that

free internet forum advice is not worth putting a years turnover on
    +1 even if his capitals key isn't working.

Leave a comment:

• pr1
    replied
    Originally posted by Onward View Post
    Hi All

Could someone advise please? I would like to complete my own PAYE, but the last time I did this was in the 90s when you had to read tables to calculate it and then post cheques to the Inland Revenue! I'm in a straightforward non-IR35 contract which began in June and was my first income this financial year. Is there a resource to tell me (or could someone here tell me) how to set my salary from June 15 to Apr 16 and how I calculate monthly PAYE tax and employee/employer NICS for that period? I'm aware I have the choice to go to a good accountant, but having completed my own bookkeeping previously I feel if I could get a refresher and pointers on how it's done today I could handle it.

Any assistance gratefully received.

Thanks
    pay & use an accountant, even if just for the first year - they will almost certainly save you money overall - then you can go on your own after that

free internet forum advice is not worth putting a years turnover on

Leave a comment:

• WordIsBond
    replied
    You can easily do your own payroll. You can use the free Basic PAYE Tools from HMRC to do your reporting. You enter the amount and it tells you how much tax, if any, is due, and you can use it to submit your monthly report to HMRC. You'll need to register your company with HMRC as an employer.

Your accountant may handle the whole payroll thing for you as part of his package service, or he may charge extra for doing it. If he charges extra, you can quickly learn to do it yourself -- if you do that, you should ask him whether it matters which payroll package you use (there are others besides the one from HMRC that are also free).

As for the amount you should pay in salary, it depends on various factors such as whether you have other income or not. You should ask your accountant.

Leave a comment:

• Archangel
    replied
    Use payroo, it's free and very easy!

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Get a good accountant. Doing some book keeping doesn't mean you are aware of all the existing and upcoming legislation. Its just not worth doing it yourself.

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    man HMRC

Leave a comment:

• Onward
    started a topic DIY PAYE help please

DIY PAYE help please

Hi All

Could someone advise please? I would like to complete my own PAYE, but the last time I did this was in the 90s when you had to read tables to calculate it and then post cheques to the Inland Revenue! I'm in a straightforward non-IR35 contract which began in June and was my first income this financial year. Is there a resource to tell me (or could someone here tell me) how to set my salary from June 15 to Apr 16 and how I calculate monthly PAYE tax and employee/employer NICS for that period? I'm aware I have the choice to go to a good accountant, but having completed my own bookkeeping previously I feel if I could get a refresher and pointers on how it's done today I could handle it.

Any assistance gratefully received.

Thanks

Working...
X