• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Return to previous 'perm' company"

Collapse

• LondonManc
    replied
    Make sure it's a deliverable-based contract, not a time-based one.

We missed you, come back and do your old job again please -

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by ckms View Post
    If you don't want to be rude why are you being rude?
    Dunno, I blame my parents...

Anyway, if you've been away for a decent period and it's in a different area of the business then just treat it is a new client but I'd personally pay a bit more attention to your IR35 protection. Get the contract checked by the professionals, take care to prove your working conditions meet the contract, don't get complacent and pretend you are back etc. Keep a professional head on and you should be ok.

If it's not been that long and it is in the same area you might want to just be a bit more careful about your IR35 position but it's not impossible to make work.

Leave a comment:

• ckms
    replied
    Thank you. I have IR35 cover and it is through an agency. Of course I know it is not against the law to return but I was referring to tax law. I have spent a huge amount of time researching contract law in the past 18 months but I have to admit I never thought I would return to the company in question so hadn't studied this part in general. Thanks again

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Quick question : Been approached re a contract not dissimilar to a role I held at a previous company where I spent 5 years perm. Been contracting ever since but only left 18 months ago. Could I legally return as a consultant and where might I stand from an IR35 perspective? Thanks
    NL is pointing out that you could have indicated you has done some initial research.

You can certainly legally return.

Are you planning to use an agency or go direct? Going direct I suspect that HMRC will never know!

Either way - get IR35 cover.

Leave a comment:

• ckms
    replied
    If you don't want to be rude why are you being rude?

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Don't want to be rude but have your tried to understand your situation and read up on IR35 so that you might be able to answer your own question? Why on earth would you think you can't legally go work for an extra employer? It's against the the law?
    We've also go 100's of threads on here about going back to ex employers you could have researched.

Leave a comment:

• ckms
    replied
    Thanks. Not been offered yet but didn't want to go in there if might be a problem. Similar role but 3 months only in a different team. Looks like someone's left and they need a 'consultant ' to come in and cover.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Quick question : Been approached re a contract not dissimilar to a role I held at a previous company where I spent 5 years perm. Been contracting ever since but only left 18 months ago. Could I legally return as a consultant and where might I stand from an IR35 perspective? Thanks
    Yes, you can legally return. IR35 is a tricky one - is the role a project based role, different to what you were doing as a perm? Will they treat you as they did when you were perm or will they recognise the different relationship? It's the same criteria - but you need to be very clear about why you're now different to when you were perm. Definitely get a professional contract review and opinion.

Leave a comment:

• ckms
    started a topic Return to previous 'perm' company

Return to previous 'perm' company

Working...
X