• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Austria Contracting"

Collapse

• Kiran
    replied
    update?

Any update Garry, which route you took? Thanks in Adavance! I have a contract starting from July for 1 year with 30% work from UK. So any thoughts if I can use the UK Pvt ltd company?
    And what you suggest is better? Look forward to hear some thoughts on this.

Originally posted by gekob View Post
    and how they played it?
    I was planning on taking a contract there in the new year 2016 but I'm not sure whether I should use my UK Ltd or set myself up in a different way to make the most out of it.
    Any advise appreciated!

Thanks
    Gerry

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Anyone tried a search yet??

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=au...qWN4T9Uv3tg9AI

Leave a comment:

• gekob
    replied
    Just wondering if anyone else has been contracting in Austria recently...

and how they played it?
    I was planning on taking a contract there in the new year 2016 but I'm not sure whether I should use my UK Ltd or set myself up in a different way to make the most out of it.
    Any advise appreciated!

Thanks
    Gerry

Leave a comment:

• newukcontractor
    replied
    Wanting to work for an austrian client through a uk consultancy

i am being offered an opportunity to work for an austrian client of a global consultancy. The consultancy is willing to take me as a contractor. The consultancy has offices in Vienna and London. Work will involve me working in Vienna at the client site during the week and travelling home to london on weekends. Contract is initially 6 months - will mostly extend for an year. What is the best way to do this ?

1. Make a contract between my UK ltd and the consultancy uk ltd - so could i just charge a UK per day rate and pay all taxes in UK ?

2. Make a contract between my uk ltd and the consultancy austria entity...is this better for tax ? get paid in Euros ?

3. Register myself in austria and then get paid in austria via the austrian consultancy entity...too much paper work i think.

Leave a comment:

• CloudWalker
    replied

Leave a comment:

• borderreiver
    replied
    About 55% sounds about right if going self-employed. I remember considering forming a GmbH at the time, but with a maximum take home of around 57% it just wasn't worth the hassle. Would only be worthwhile for the limited liability, but as Austrians aren't that litigious it didn't seem necessary.

Leave a comment:

• rabtor
    replied
    Perfect, thanks a lot. Just the info i needed.

Seems the GmbH option is a lot of hassle and cost.
    I done some calculations and it seems 51% is about the net that can be retained with self-employed route. Which seems better than an offshore umbrella.

Now the final option i forgot to ask about initially: has anyone has used an "onshore" local Austrian Umbrella company and have any suggestions?

Leave a comment:

• borderreiver
    replied
    When I lived in Austria I was self-employed ("Selbständiger") and I used these guys as my accountants: http://www.lbg.at. They are one of the bigger outfits in Austria. I paid about EUR 600 for the yearly income tax returns (I did the VAT myself though).

You definitely want to get local advice before deciding how to set up. In those days (<2012) an Austrian Limited (GmbH) was expensive to set up (minimum shareholding EUR 35000, setup fees easily a couple of thousand) and not only did you pay 25% corporate tax on profits but also 25% on any dividends drawn. Of course this may have all changed by now, but I wouldn't count on it.

Best of luck.

Leave a comment:

• rabtor
    started a topic Austria Contracting

Austria Contracting

Hi All,

I am contemplating accepting a contract in Austria. Initial 6 month with possibility of extension.

I'm unsure of what my options are for the accounting side. Self-Employed, Local Austrian "Ltd", or Umbrella? Umbrella has an advantage of detaching social security but also extra costs ...

Does anyone currently working there know what the rentention would be for the local self employed or "Ltd" options?

Also are there any recommendations for local accountants in Carinthia area?

thanks in advance!

Working...
X