• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "No-win / No-fee employment lawyer"

Collapse

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    prey
    Ah yes indeed. Many thanks for that...

Smart alec pedants.. take them all outside and shoot 'em I say...

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    There are a few about if you google. There is always some blood sucking leech willing to pray on the naïve and poor out there. Problem I guess is there isn't often much in the way of compensation in employment law which is where these cockroaches normally make their money.
    prey

Leave a comment:

• CloudWalker
    replied

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
    Well it's pretty obvious what main ID you're not using, still we will gloss over that even though you know full well as a long term CUK poster that no bugger on here would admit to knowing an Employment Law type as we're contractors.

No win no fee seems unlikely in a niche field like employment law.
    There are a few about if you google. There is always some blood sucking leech willing to pray on the naïve and poor out there. Problem I guess is there isn't often much in the way of compensation in employment law which is where these cockroaches normally make their money.

Leave a comment:

• LisaContractorUmbrella
    replied
    If you want an employment lawyer that will charge a fee but is very good at what he does I'd recommend Oliver Weiss at Blake Morgan - PM me if you want contact details.

Leave a comment:

• TykeMerc
    replied
    Well it's pretty obvious what main ID you're not using, still we will gloss over that even though you know full well as a long term CUK poster that no bugger on here would admit to knowing an Employment Law type as we're contractors.

No win no fee seems unlikely in a niche field like employment law.

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by Batcher View Post
    I'll do it!! I read CUK every day so I'm pretty much up to speed with employment law. If I get stuck I can ask NLUK because he can use the search function --->
    <pedant>NLUK doesn't advocate using the search function, merely to "do a search". The search function is crap, but Google (as recommended by NLUK) does the trick</pedant>

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Speak to a no/win no fee lawyer.. if he is willing to take it on then you are going to win it so then go to a proper lawyer who's fees are likely to be lower....

Leave a comment:

• BikeRack
    replied
    Originally posted by LisaContractorUmbrella View Post
    What's your issue? You may be able to sort it without a lawyer
    I don't want to post up anything about my case in case the other side get wind of it. I am not using my real login - but one cannot be too careful.

Also, I posted a thread recently about debts when one dies. There was some great feedback - but some really rubbish stuff too.

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    WHS.

Also have you checked ALL your insurance policies? A lot of insurance policies e.g. home insurance will have legal cover on them that cover you in situations like this.

I have applied for a random one online. If that does not work out I will look at that.

Will you marry me?

We won't know without the details. Maybe he's realised that he's posted a permie employment question on Contractor UK and has asked it again on Permie UK
    This is another reason I did not want to post under my real login. I suppose that to get to the CUK gems one has to wade through alot of nonsense.

Why no win/no fee. You think you are not going to win? They will only take on cases they think they will win so it's not really a benefit to you.
    I have no cash! Stoney broke!

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Why no win/no fee. You think you are not going to win? They will only take on cases they think they will win so it's not really a benefit to you.
    WHS.

Also have you checked ALL your insurance policies? A lot of insurance policies e.g. home insurance will have legal cover on them that cover you in situations like this.

Leave a comment:

• Batcher
    replied
    We won't know without the details. Maybe he's realised that he's posted a permie employment question on Contractor UK and has asked it again on Permie UK

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    I'll give you credit so then lots of other people will ask you for free advice.
    Ohhh that sounds good!! Am in!!!

Leave a comment:

• Batcher
    replied
    Erm, and I'll be doing this for free??
    I'll give you credit so then lots of other people will ask you for free advice.

Leave a comment:

• LisaContractorUmbrella
    replied
    What's your issue? You may be able to sort it without a lawyer

Leave a comment:

Working...
X