• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Offset Mortgage for IT contractor"

Collapse

• Freelancer Financials
    replied
    Offset Mortgages based on your contract rate alone

Originally posted by computerguru View Post
    Hi guys,

Just wondering if any IT contractor has applied for "offset mortgage" totally based on daily rate with only one years of accounts.

Any recommendations about the mortgage broker who is willing to submit offset mortgage?

Thanks
    There are a number of perfectly good Mortgage Advisers on this forum that can assist you. If you're looking to be assessed on your contract rate (due to only having one years accounts), there are a number of contractor Friendly lenders that we can take you to. Scottish Widows, Clydesdale bank and Leeds building Society.

The best Offset mortgage rates at the moment are from Scottish Widows:

They are Fixed Rates with offsetting:

60% LTV - 1.79%
    75% LTV - 2.29%
    80% LTV - 2.49%
    85% LTV - 2.89%

I hope this helps.

Leave a comment:

• Freelancer Financials
    replied
    Originally posted by kaiser78 View Post
    I have an offset with Barclays and an offset with Santander. First one applied for on 1 set of contracting accounts. No need to go through a broker - directly is easier.
    How can you say he doesn't need a mortgage broker when you don't even understand his circumstances? Firstly, he only has one years accounts and he's also stating that he wants to use his contract rate. Santander, need two years accounts and Barclay's will normally want to see at least two years accounts. Sometimes, Barclay's will consider one years accounts with projected figures but only if your an IT Contractor or have an existing account with them.

Leave a comment:

• kaiser78
    replied
    Hi guys,

Just wondering if any IT contractor has applied for "offset mortgage" totally based on daily rate with only one years of accounts.

Any recommendations about the mortgage broker who is willing to submit offset mortgage?

Thanks
    I have an offset with Barclays and an offset with Santander. First one applied for on 1 set of contracting accounts. No need to go through a broker - directly is easier.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Just applied for a new BTL

60% LTV with Virgin.
    Interest Only
    £995 fee, but you get a £500 cash back (so £445)
    2.09% 2 Years

Nice.

Leave a comment:

• Power Mortgages Ltd
    replied
    Originally posted by FarmerPalmer View Post
    I got one with Woolwich/Barclays through Contractor Money a few years ago, I only had one years accounts, but all they needed was the current contract.
    A few years ago Barclays/Woolwich were a contractor friendly lender and used to allow you to use your contract to prove your income but that stopped in late 2011 unfortunately when their risk department decided that they should no longer assess contractors in this way and they now need Limited Company accounts.

Leave a comment:

• FarmerPalmer
    replied
    I got one with Woolwich/Barclays through Contractor Money a few years ago, I only had one years accounts, but all they needed was the current contract.

Leave a comment:

• Power Mortgages Ltd
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    They are the rates for offsets? Not fixed etc?
    Yep, offset mortgage rates for contractors based upon day rate

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by Power Mortgages Ltd View Post
    Yes, there are lenders who will lend based upon a multiple of your contract rate and who offer offset mortgages.

A rough idea on rates as follows:

Up to 75% loan to value: 2.79%
    Up to 80% loan to value: 2.99%
    They are the rates for offsets? Not fixed etc?

Leave a comment:

• Power Mortgages Ltd
    replied
    Hi guys,

Thanks
    Yes, there are lenders who will lend based upon a multiple of your contract rate and who offer offset mortgages.

A rough idea on rates as follows:

Up to 75% loan to value: 2.79%
    Up to 80% loan to value: 2.99%

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    I've applied for BTL and a normal mortgage. Didn't really need an offset as I already have one.

Try ringing Contractor Financials to see what the contractor friendly lenders are offering.

I wouldn't be too hung up on an offset though. A 4% offset with a reasonable sum in can equate to a 2.5% with no offset over a reasonable period and then you can put your savings in something a bit higher rate etc so an offset isn't the golden goose it appears to be.

Keep an open mind and ask for some figures.
    Last edited by Contractor UK; 9 January 2015, 11:59. Reason: Contact Details removed

Leave a comment:

• Bones
    replied
    Have you seen an offset mortgage deal that your interested in?
    I looked into this a while ago but found that the minimum mortgage amount was so high it rendered the whole thing pointless for me.
    Last edited by Bones; 8 January 2015, 14:01.

Leave a comment:

• newmove
    replied
    I'm sure sure if you do a search someone would have done it before

Leave a comment:

• computerguru
    started a topic Offset Mortgage for IT contractor

Offset Mortgage for IT contractor

Hi guys,

Thanks

Working...
X