• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Gordon Brown joins World Wide Web Foundation’s Board of Directors

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gordon Brown joins World Wide Web Foundation’s Board of Directors

Linky
    Why wont he just leave important stuff alone.....Is this for real?

The former Prime Minister has agreed to join Tim Berners-Lee on the board of the World Wide Web Foundation
    According to a statement Mr Brown will take on the role of advising on ways to bring affordable internet connectivity to disadvantaged regions such as Africa.
    Alex Deane, a representative for the organisation, told us: "Wanting to help Africans get online is laudable. But given the enormous intrusions into privacy and freedom over which Gordon Brown presided whilst Prime Minister, he’s about the worst person to “help” new internet users. Less “education for all” – more “snooping for those who can’t escape it”.

Now he really can save the world (wide web)
    Coffee's for closers

Comment

Some days I think that the snot goblin is just insane. Other days I think that he is evil and his madness is just an act so can use it to avoid the death penalty when he finally is brought to trial.

I say top him anyway; it’s only way to make the world safer.
      How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
      Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

I can see the headlines already:

"Gordon Brown saves the Internet!"

Comment

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
          Some days I think that the snot goblin is just insane. Other days I think that he is evil and his madness is just an act so can use it to avoid the death penalty when he finally is brought to trial.

I say top him anyway; it’s only way to make the world safer.
          He's not as dangerous as Blair who has the charm to hide his complete madness. Gordo is just inept and can't hide it.
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
            He's not as dangerous as Blair who has the charm to hide his complete madness. Gordo is just inept and can't hide it.
            Err, if you happen to be a photocopier then he's a damn sight more dangerous than Bliar ever was.

Disagree with Gordo just being inept, I think he had a serious brain disorder which made him power hungry but without having the required bits and pieces to make that work. And not all his decisions were so bad - making the Bank of England independent for example. However I can't think of any other examples.....

Comment

Working...
            X