• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bowling on this forum

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bowling on this forum

Anyone goes regularly to bowl?

I used to, but it is less so now. Not sure if it's worth putting up yet another pointless poll about it though.

I tried crown green and found it suprisingly entertaining, but in this weather I guess you mean ten pin
    I tried it a few times but always found the scoring sytems breaking down
    (\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Given a go a few times, the kids enjoy it.

To be honest I always find the balls just too heavy for my puny frame.

Comment

Originally posted by castoff101 View Post
        You should try Wee Bowling then

Comment

Originally posted by castoff101 View Post
          Given a go a few times, the kids enjoy it.

I have my own ball, it's light in weight but with the larger finger holes that house balls of that weight don't have. I could do with playing more often though.
          If you find this post offensive, please insert "Chan" before and "tho" after, then it should be OK.

Sometimes I almost feel just like a human being - Elvis Costello

Comment

I bowl a bit, but not as quick as I used to be. Now I am a slowish trundler that used a bit of legbreak and off break to confuse the batter. Doesnt usually work, but it is a pleasant way to spend an afternoon.

Comment

Originally posted by tay View Post
              I bowl a bit, but not as quick as I used to be. Now I am a slowish trundler that used a bit of legbreak and off break to confuse the batter. Doesnt usually work, but it is a pleasant way to spend an afternoon.
              It's probably enough to get Kevin Pietersen out (until this last innings, that is)
              Best Forum Advisor 2014
              Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
              Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

I assume you're referring to the chuck and smash 'em up game for the great unwashed, rather than the noble and skilful game of bowls. Nope, not played either.

Comment

Working...
                X