• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You can print to shared printers without the computer being on

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You can print to shared printers without the computer being on

Had a user today call me that his computer couldnt print suddenly.

When I checked, it turned out his co-worker had gone home and turned his computer off and the printer was shared from that.

I tried to explain how this worked and that the computer must be on to be able to print. Once the co-workers computer was turned on, printing started again.

However, "Im wrong and hes been printing after everyone has gone home and turned off their computers for years and its always worked."

I suggested this must have been to a printer connected directly to his PC as it just doesnt work like that for shared printers.

But no, Im wrong and you can print to printers without their computers being turned on.

Working...
X