• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You're the Ref ptII

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You're the Ref ptII

This all leads up to this weekends Old Firm game which Celtic must win to stay in the race for the SPL title.

Now some may say it's the Dhims being sneaky (as usual) trying to influence the match official before the most important game of their season, but I'm of the opinion it just shows how desperate they are and how the bumholes over at the San Giro are squeaking.

One of their main points of contention is
    The sides drew their last meeting, on 3 January, with Celtic believing that Marc-Antoine Fortune was denied a goal in the 1-1 draw
    and no doubt the resident moon howlers will be on this thread bleating about how the refs are masons, etc, but here's a question to you, the general populace of CUK.

Is this a foul? Notice the contact before the header, would you adjudge it a foul as per the international laws of the game (and not Dhimmy's skewed interpretation).

You should refer to rule 12 in coming to your decision (page 34). The following definitions will help you come to your decision:

An indirect free kick is also awarded to the opposing team if, in the
    opinion of the referee, a player: (Page 34)
    • plays in a dangerous manner
    impedes the progress of an opponent
    • prevents the goalkeeper from releasing the ball from his hands
    • commits any other offence, not previously mentioned in Law 12,
    for which play is stopped to caution or send off a player
    The following conditions must be met for an offence to be considered a foul: (Page 108)
    • it must be committed by a player
    • it must occur on the field of play
    • it must occur while the ball is in play
    Careless” means that the player has shown a lack of attention or
    consideration when making a challenge or that he acted without precaution.
    • No further disciplinary sanction is needed if a foul is judged to be careless
    Charging an opponent
    The act of charging is a challenge for space using physical contact
    within playing distance of the ball without using arms or elbows.
    It is an offence to charge an opponent:
    • in a careless manner
    • in a reckless manner
    • using excessive force
    Offences committed against goalkeepers (Page 112)
    • It is an offence for a player to prevent a goalkeeper from releasing
    the ball from his hands
    • A player must be penalised for playing in a dangerous manner if he kicks or attempts to kick the ball when the goalkeeper is in the process of releasing it
    It is an offence to restrict the movement of the goalkeeper by unfairly impeding him, e.g. at the taking of a corner kick
    No foul - Same old Celtic, always cheating
    25.00%
    Foul - The ref's a mason
    0.00%
    Andy W would know, I don't care
    75.00%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by Incognito; 25 February 2010, 13:01.
    "I hope Celtic realise that, if their team is good enough, they will win. If they're not good enough, they'll not win - and they can't look at anybody else, whether it is referees or any other influence." - Walter Smith

On them! On them! They fail!

sorry not interested in the little league stuff
    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

foul! move to lr.

Comment

Originally posted by DS23 View Post
        foul! move to lr.
        WHS

Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by DS23 View Post
          foul!
          Merci
          "I hope Celtic realise that, if their team is good enough, they will win. If they're not good enough, they'll not win - and they can't look at anybody else, whether it is referees or any other influence." - Walter Smith

Comment

Its a Saudi/Arab/Middle East dish that SY01 would probably eat..... see Cheer up Drewster............

I will report back when I have eaten it......

Comment

Originally posted by Drewster View Post
              Its a Saudi/Arab/Middle East dish that SY01 would probably eat..... see Cheer up Drewster............

I will report back when I have eaten it......
              For the moon howlers, that's a foul.

Comment

Still no moon howlers out. Come on Cliphead, where are you?

Comment

Working...
                X