• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Need a plan to avoid team Christmas meal

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On the serious side, you have a legitimate excuse if you are outside IR35. It is advisable that you do not attend company functions as you are NOT 'part and parcel' of the organisation, you are a contractor.

....If you're inside IR35, well 'they' sound like they wouldn't understand it anyway!

Comment

Originally posted by Sally BFCA View Post
      On the serious side, you have a legitimate excuse if you are outside IR35. It is advisable that you do not attend company functions as you are NOT 'part and parcel' of the organisation, you are a contractor.

....If you're inside IR35, well 'they' sound like they wouldn't understand it anyway!
      Wilmslow's an interloper (i.e. permie) so ot applicable
      Illegitimus non carborundum est!

Comment

Originally posted by Flubster View Post
        Wilmslow's an interloper (i.e. permie) so ot applicable
        Sorry, I thought he/you (Wilmslow) was a Contractor amongst Contractors!

Comment

I doubt Wilmslow will be able to fake having "another commitment" let alone a "wife". This would imply some sort of social life outside work, which is wholly unbelievable.

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
            I doubt Wilmslow will be able to fake having "another commitment" let alone a "wife". This would imply some sort of social life outside work, which is wholly unbelievable.
            You're quite right. In this sort of scenario a hospital consultant's appointment that you've been waiting 4 months for is a good excuse that won't get questioned too much.
            ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Hate is such a harsh word, in my entire life I`ve never met a person to hate.
              Don`t take life too seriously, go along and have a laugh if you fancy having lunch with the rest of the bunch. DOn`t let one person put you off. Heck, if she annoys you just tell her she should skip desert as she`s about to tuck in while telling her it`s fattening

Comment

Got my get out of jail free card.

The dozy git booked the evening meal on the same day that the company is having it’s staff meal.

So, she has changed the team meal for the following day.

There is no way I am going to have two work meals in a row!

All I have to say is that I already have another commitment on that date, and, sorted.

However – the devious porker has now invited the boss’s boss…………….

Comment

I think you'll find that your colleagues would prefer that you didn't go. They only invited you out of poilteness...

Comment

Originally posted by rsingh View Post
                    I think you'll find that your colleagues would prefer that you didn't go. They only invited you out of poilteness...
                    ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Working...
                    X