• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think I have finished rebuilding the laptop and I think I have been successful.

Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

I've just been interviewed on the doorstep by a council bod about recycling.

Very embarrassing it was.
      Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

They asked how often the recycling is collected and what can be put in there.

With supreme confidence based on my thorough knowledge and research, I gave detailed answers.

For The New Place.

So I got most of them wrong!

How stoopid was that?

Comment

Round here you can't put glass in the recycling.

That's annoying since it means we have to make a special trip to drive to the dump to recycle glass.

How crap is that?

Comment

At The New Place, you can't recycle plastics.

How crap is that?

Comment

Virtually nowhere collects domestic batteries.

That's because by weight, they make little difference to land fill so the councils don;t care.

Yet domestic batteries are a main cause of water table pollution by leaking damn dangerous heavy metal salts into the ground.

How crap is that?

Comment

At The New Place they give you a tiny brown bin (the size of a large ice cream tub) to put all your food waste in.

You couldn't get a turkey carcass in it!

They get collected either monthly or fortnightly.

That should smell nice in the summer.

They are also small and light enough for mice to get into, never mind rats.

How crap is that?

Comment

We get advised to shred bills and receipts before recycling them.

At the current place, you're not allowed to put shredded paper in the recycling.

How crap is that?

Comment

It's snowing again.

Comment

I should have broadband at The New Place next week.

That'll be good.

TPD on dial-up is pants.

Comment

Working...
                      X