• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

<walks out>

Comment

gf is watching her stupid dinner party show

Comment

I thought I would watch some youtube videos

Comment

I am watching "COCK ROBIN...Promise you made .. "

Comment

New Order - True Faith

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              New Order - True Faith
              a ground breaking video

Comment

a ground breaking video
                The release of "True Faith" was accompanied by a surreal music video directed by Philippe Decouflé. In it bizarrely costumed dancers leap about, fight and slap each other in time to the music; while a girl in dark green makeup emerges from a flower bulb and signs the lyrics. The video has often been voted amongst the best music videos of its year. Sky Television's channel The Amp, for instance, has it rated as the best video of 1987, and it won the BPI award for Best Promotional Video in 1988. The overall tonality, themes and various elements from the video re-occurred in Decouflé's scenography and choreography for the inauguration ceremonies of the 1992 Winter Olympics in Albertville.

Comment

As is the case for many New Order songs, the words in the title (in this case "true" and "faith") do not appear anywhere in the lyrics.

The song is about heroin addiction.[citation needed] This is more obvious in the original lyrics, which contain the line, "They're all taking drugs with me," in place of, "They're afraid of what they see." The line was changed at the last minute due to pressure from label executives, but the original line is often used when the band performs the song live.

The band was surprised by the fact that the single widened their audience with younger children, due to the fact that the video's characters were reminiscent of children's programming, even though the real theme of the song is adult.

Comment

Shiny Happy People - R.E.M.

Comment

Shiny Happy People - R.E.M.
                      makes me wish I was in the gym

Comment

Working...
                      X