• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
    Not any more you don't...
    And what happened to your 20k worth of posts?

Comment

Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post
      It used to be the norm. Easter and August Bank Holidays were always key dates for system upgrades. For the first decade of my working life I don't think I ever got either of those off. That is, I always worked through from the preceding Monday to the following Friday - 12 days straight. And typically long hours over the weekend.

And the best bit?

I was permie so received no extra money.

I'd require time off in lieu at the very least.

Comment

I feel as if there's something alive in my bowels at the moment.

I think it's because I read that other site that goes into vast & apalling detail about worms...

Or I've got lodgers.
        other site? you mean general?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          thanks old chap. he recommended me a very very good stats book - fascinating stuff.

I think some people here find him and Churchill a bit robust - IMO they are spot on. you cant be too sensitve here - we are supposed to be businessmen.

best to call a spade a spade - rather than an optimum logic sub stratum revelation device...
          Don't go there, it upsets Ferret...

Next thing you know, I'll be talking about Dutch Hoes...

Comment

I'd require time off in lieu at the very least.
            I remember a gig at ubs. Team next to me had no overtime - neither for contract or permie. They worked about 12 hours a day, 6 days a week, for 6 months.

At the end each got a bottle of spirits!

Comment

Ooh, coneoing lessons ... right now this very second:

http://www.reefgrill.net/netcam/index.html
              Wot?

In the dark?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                I remember a gig at ubs. Team next to me had no overtime - neither for contract or permie. They worked about 12 hours a day, 6 days a week, for 6 months.

At the end each got a bottle of spirits!
                I've always had a strict rule: if you want my time you pay for it... and if you don't like it, then you can find some other fecker who suits you better...

Go ahead: make my day...

Comment

I've always had a strict rule: if you want my time you pay for it... and if you don't like it, then you can find some other fliper who suits you better...

Go ahead: make my day...
                  I agree strongly. I have never done it. I have seen a few cases where people get abused.

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
                    Thoughts like this have filled my house with unused or little used items (most of them expensive)
                    My house is full of Lidl spanners.

I managed not to buy the propane torch & regulator they were selling a couple of weeks ago, but it was a close run thing...

Comment

I can't believe I'm still 4 days in the past.
                      I can.

I'm 9 days in the past...

Comment

Working...
                      X