• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

every what?

Comment

With its clear mission and ample resources, the Order grew rapidly. Templars were often the advance force in key battles of the Crusades, as the knights on their heavily armed warhorses would set out to gallop full speed at the enemy, in an attempt to break opposition lines. One of their most famous victories was in 1177 during the Battle of Montgisard, where some 500 Templar knights helped to defeat Saladin's army of more than 26,000 soldiers.[11]
      SA says;
      Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

I couldn't imagine you ever having a hair out of place!

n5gooner is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
      (whatever these are)

Comment

Originally posted by DS23
        every what?

so oftern
        SA says;
        Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

(whatever these are)

Comment

With its clear mission and ample resources, the Order grew rapidly. Templars were often the advance force in key battles of the Crusades, as the knights on their heavily armed warhorses would set out to gallop full speed at the enemy, in an attempt to break opposition lines. One of their most famous victories was in 1177 during the Battle of Montgisard, where some 500 Templar knights helped to defeat Saladin's army of more than 26,000 soldiers.[11]

sounds like we could make a film from this.....
          SA says;

(whatever these are)

Comment

come on gooner! the big 3 is coming up!

Comment

for you

Comment

and the big 10 for tpd

Comment

Although the primary mission of the Order was military, only a small percentage of its members were actually at the front lines. The rest acted in support positions, both to assist the knights individually and to manage the financial infrastructure. The Templars, though sworn to individual poverty, were given control of wealth beyond direct donations to their cause. A nobleman who was interested in participating in the Crusades might place all his assets under Templar management while he was gone. Accumulating wealth in this manner across Europe and the Outremer, the Order in 1150 began generating letters of credit for pilgrims journeying to the Holy Land: pilgrims deposited their valuables with a local Templar preceptory before embarking, received an encrypted document indicating the value of their deposit, then used that document upon arrival in the Holy Land to retrieve their funds. This innovative arrangement may have been the first formal chequing system; it both improved the safety of pilgrims by making them less attractive targets for thieves, and further contributed to the Templar coffers.[3][12]
                  SA says;

(whatever these are)

Comment

its so close I can almost taste it !
                    SA says;

(whatever these are)

Comment

Based on this mix of donations and business dealing, the Templars established financial networks all across Christendom. They acquired large tracts of land both in Europe and the Middle East; bought and managed farms and vineyards; built churches and castles; were involved in manufacturing, import and export; had their own fleet of ships; and at one point even owned the entire island of Cyprus. The Templars arguably qualify as the world's first multinational corporation.[11]
                      SA says;

(whatever these are)

Comment

Working...
                      X