• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    One strange thing I've noticed about this hotel wifi: it will often take ages returning a response, but if I switch to another tab and do a reload (in this case, of the "augment" thread) then it immediately returns both pages.

I now keep a separate tab open just for this reason.

I must experiment further and see if this only relates to the redirect after a successful post - but that's for another night.
    I have found that in my case having a

ping -t <router's address>

running in the background not only provides a visual marker of upness, but seems to help maintain the link.

I hate comms, and I always have.
    Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Time to go for my daily cooked breakfast.

Cereal.
      Coffee.
      Fried eggs.
      Fried bacon.
      Fried sausage.
      Fried bread.
      Fried mushrooms.
      Baked (I hope) beans.
      Toast (not fried) with lots of butter.
      Jam. Or maybe marmalade, in honour of Paddington.

Yumski.

See ya later.
      Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Ooh, my belly.

Well,that's me fed. And full.

P.S. NF, thanks for sorting out someone else's responses in another thread. I assumed at the time he had been on the pop - I can see I was right. I'm glad I hadn't responded at the time - I did see what the originals said.

I suppose it is one effect of not having had a telly for 7 years - not much exposure to all these Merkinisms.

Comment

Morning all

How are we all this morning?
          Si posse, recte, si non, quocumque modo rem

Comment

Morning all

Comment

Originally posted by Bear View Post
              Morning all

How are we all this morning?
              Not too good, shoulders and back aching, still not eating.. but apart from that I'm still billing

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
                Not too good, shoulders and back aching, still not eating.. but apart from that I'm still billing
                Then life is good!!!!
                Si posse, recte, si non, quocumque modo rem

Comment

Oh dear

Sorry about that Zeity - have a <-manly if that helps
                  Worry not, she hasn't actually said that, I'm just anticipating...

Comment

I see you've already visited the thread, so I won't elaborate.

Anyway, my battery's very low and I can't be bothered to get the mains lead out, so I'll crash out now.

One strange thing I've noticed about this hotel wifi: it will often take ages returning a response, but if I switch to another tab and do a reload (in this case, of the "augment" thread) then it immediately returns both pages.

I now keep a separate tab open just for this reason.

I must experiment further and see if this only relates to the redirect after a successful post - but that's for another night.

Sweet dreams if any, denizens

Comment

Gosh.

It's remarkably sunny here now the sun has arisen over the murk from Port Talbot...

Comment

Working...
                      X