• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Englan 10-0 up now

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      I can never understand why people refer to the day job they're trying to escape from as "Plan A" and the escape plan as "Plan B" - surely the latter is more important to them than the former, or they wouldn't want to escape in the first place.

So as far as I'm concerned, working for clients is Plan B - it just happens to be necessary to finance my survival in reasonable comfort while I work on Plan A
      Every so often a gem pops up in TPD.

TPD seems like a long stream of warmed sherry trifle. Sweet, yummy, comforting and addictive.

And then you spot a pearl, or an emerald on your spoon.

It is posts like the above - the little crystals of considered genius and insight - that makes me read EVERY post. They get printed off and filed for future morale-boosting, ideas, reference or comfort as appropriate.

You know, I'm sure we have the makings of at least one book in TPD.
      Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Could be fun at 9pm - QI is on UK Gold. I will have to send the gf to be back room...

Comment

Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post
          Every so often a gem pops up in TPD.

TPD seems like a long stream of warmed sherry trifle. Sweet, yummy, comforting and addictive.

And then you spot a pearl, or an emerald on your spoon.

It is posts like the above - the little crystals of considered genius and insight - that makes me read EVERY post. They get printed off and filed for future morale-boosting, ideas, reference or comfort as appropriate.

You know, I'm sure we have the makings of at least one book in TPD.
          If you have a great business idea then great. Most of my business ideas are rubbish though.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            I hope you put carrot in. When I am allowed to cook (once a year or less) I make spag bol. With carrot. Some say you should grate - I say large lumps are better! :-(
            God didn't intend for spag bol to be spoiled with carrots, peas, sweetcorn ( ) or any other form of foul pollutant.

It's a beef sauce. It was perfect when God gave it to us. Leave it!
            Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

I had liver and bacon for dinner(tea?) yum yum!

Comment

And it is a French try - damn!

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  Spag bol now simmering

Better get stuck in to my Ascending Agglomerative Hierarchical Clustering again
                  I.e. building a pyramid out of boiled spaghetti?

Right, I'm off to get some milk 'n' muchie bits. Back soon.

Comment

We seem to have a Tongan on our team http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lesley_Vainikolo

Comment

and the try is converted - 10-7 it is

Comment

Working...
                      X