• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ardesco View Post
    My weight = around the 90KG mark (haven't weighed myself for bloody ages)
    My height = 169cm
    My grade = Blue Sash

How do I do ?
    Step outside. you want some do you? eh?

<hides under desk just in case>

Comment

Originally posted by Ardesco View Post
      Lau Gar. I'm probably not as good a match as you think though, in Lau Gar blue is only the second grade .

Haven't really trained for a few years now, when I was entering competitions I was bang on 70KG, but the mid life spread has got me now. I am very interested in Wing Tsun but alas there is nobody that I can find who teaches it within 50 miles of me

I prefer the Chinese styles that deflect energy to the Japanese ones that break through the attacks.
      I've just had a little read about it. Sounds interesting.

I prefer the high cardio, high contact, and fun that is Kick Boxing.

Comment

Going to see my mates sister in a bit - she is a solicitor and is going to sign my affidavit thingy for my divorce

Feeling much better about it all....
        Bazza gets caught
        Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          Step outside. you want some do you? eh?

<hides under desk just in case>
          Careful - you will get banned (again) for aggression like Denny

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
            It's quiet in here this morning?

Are we all working or what?

I've just loaded a demo PIC C compiler onto a P150...

Slow ain't the word.

Very slow is...
            Some of us have prod issues to fix!

First you now Bear! Attention seekers both of you!

How would you cope in a monastory?

Hmmm - might be an idea for a thread...

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
              Going to see my mates sister in a bit - she is a solicitor and is going to sign my affidavit thingy for my divorce

Feeling much better about it all....
              Well done CM!

BTW affidavit is one of the few things where one can get value from a solicitor - they have to charge £5 max!

Some try to do it per the page - illegal. I must report that brief in Windor once who overcharged me...

Comment

I used to do JKA Shotokan. Stopped after green.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                  Well done CM!

BTW affidavit is one of the few things where one can get value from a solicitor - they have to charge £5 max!

Some try to do it per the page - illegal. I must report that brief in Windor once who overcharged me...
                  Thanks sweets

Well considering she is a mate, I'm kinda hoping she doesn't charge me
                  I doubt she will - I'll get her a pint, next time we are all out together.
                  Bazza gets caught

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
                    I used to do JKA Shotokan. Stopped after green.
                    I do shotokan...
                    Bazza gets caught

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
                      I've just had a little read about it. Sounds interesting.

I prefer the high cardio, high contact, and fun that is Kick Boxing.
                      Was good fun, I was just about to start learning knives and staffs when the school in the local area closed down which was a bit gutting. There was some kickboxing related stuff that we learnt as well, lessons laid out with half an hour of intense fitness training, half an hour learning techniques and the last half hour of the lessons always ended in light contact sparring. It was very much hands on with the emphasis on actually learning how to use the techniques in a fighting environment as they would be useless if you have no idea how to use them in a fighting environment. We also always got to "have a go" at the instructor as well in these sparring sessions which was always a good challenge.

I tried joining a Tae Kwan Do class afterwards and didn't enjoy it at all, it seemed far too rigid with kicks seen as the be all and end all, there was also was very little sparring in comparison. I decided to give it up after the fourth session when I sparred against a Brown Belt. He tried to kick me, I blocked, stepped inside his kick and started pummelling him senseless and he didn't know what to do because nobody had tried to step in and punch him before....

Comment

Working...
                      X