• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

going to finish lining the fireplace today in 1" thick welsh slate. (damned heavy slabs)
    and overlay the hall floor in 6mm ply ready for the parquet flooring to go down.
    Have to cover the front section of b & w mosaic tiles with self leveler first.
    Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Bought myself a new sliding mitre saw yesterday

http://www.gmcompany.com/download/tm...SM_IM_ed13.pdf

Lovely toy, makes life so much easier.

Comment

Morning EO

Comment

Have to drill through to outside from the small front bedroom today, to run a cable for the outside lights.
          Forgot to do it when the floorboards were up so now I have to lift the floor again

Comment

Have to run the outside lights coz it's pitch black outside/around the house at night.

Comment

Scaffolders are coming today (sunday) to take down the scaffolding because the cavity wall insulation installers are coming tomorrow.

Comment

Have to replace the skirting board in the hallway as well
                Will have to loose fit it as I may have to adjust the height after I install the Parquet flooring.
                The front of the hall is being tiled. Parquet floor lookalike tiles so that the parquet flooring looks continuous.

Comment

Can't pick up the kitchen units til next Saturday, as I have to wait for my son in law's cousin to comed back from hol's. Worth waiting though as I will get the kitchen at cost price, which will save me nearly £2000

Comment

Wifey spent all day yesterday (8 hours) sanding down the staircase woodwork.
                    I was going to install all new, but she likes the old stuff.
                    It is all oak paneling that has been painted white???. she is repainting it white!!!
                    Go figure

Comment

We have decided to keep all of the original door furniture, the oval plate black iron rim locks and oval knobs will look nice once I have refurbished them.
                      Apparently they sell for about £150 each S/H

I have the keys for the locks as well
                      Last edited by Diver; 10 February 2008, 07:29.

Comment

Working...
                      X