• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

YOUR question:
    Originally posted by Bear View Post
    Ok - from your experiences...how long should it take to buy a house? No chain
    About four hours. I reckon the whole process from finding a property to owning it could be done legally and with all paperwork within half a working day.

The REAL question:
    Originally posted by Bear View Post
    Ok - from your experiences...how long does it take to buy a house? No chain
    At least four weeks if absolutely nothing goes wrong (very unlikely - not in the Estate Agents' or Solicitors' or removals men's interests - and they are all in the same masonic lodge, go to the same Rotary meetings and are all in the same Chamber of Commerce: you work it out) unless you do your own conveyancing which takes about two weeks off if the other party is happy to do the same.
    Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post
      This is so painfully slow that I'm reading a copy of Country Life while waiting for the browser to respond.

Amazingly, the Country Life is the more boring activity.

I am sat in the hotel lobby ten feet from the wireless router. Its LEDs are flashing their poor little hearts out. Just the one router for all 30 or so rooms.

I wonder if it is secured...
      try to kick all the other guests out?

Comment

I'm not breaking any speed records here, am I?

I wonder if there's a UTP port on the router...

... bum. Wireless only.
        Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

YOUR question:
          About four hours. I reckon the whole process from finding a property to owning it could be done legally and with all paperwork within half a working day.

The REAL question:
          At least four weeks if absolutely nothing goes wrong (very unlikely - not in the Estate Agents' or Solicitors' or removals men's interests - and they are all in the same masonic lodge, go to the same Rotary meetings and are all in the same Chamber of Commerce: you work it out) unless you do your own conveyancing which takes about two weeks off if the other party is happy to do the same.
          I believe someone once did it in a day - made the papers!

Least I have ever taken is 8 weeks...

Comment

BrilloPad
            Godlike

four of a kind

Comment

Hmm. It has a password.

Which law is it I'm considering breaking? The Computer Misuse Act, innit?
              I have broken it several times. never been caught yet.

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
                No BI - either.......
                No internet.

No TPD.

No mobile phones.

A small holdall of money every month.

A line manager who has been contracting through the same agency for 3 weeks who is getting them to switch from monthly to weekly.

But no, no TPD.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                  I have broken it several times. never been caught yet.
                  but it was in a good cause!

Comment

BADGER
                    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
                      BI has a job with not access so don't expect too many posts
                      Post. Post. Post. Post. Post. Post. Post. Post. Post. Post. Post. Post. Postity post.

Post. Post. Post. Post. Post. Post. Post. Post. Post. Post. Post. Post. Postity post.

Comment

Working...
                      X