• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
    Ooooooooer, IBM PC format?

All you need now is a 5.25" drive to read it with...
    Yep. A 360Kb double sided, double density floppy.

I have a 5.25" drive in my server "just in case". It is about 17 years old.
    Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Apparently one of the criteria for that was that he should still be in the capsule when it landed
      Huh? What possible difference does that make to "first man in space"?

; however he bailed out & landed by parachute... so John Glenn is the first chap in space...
      Oh, I see. The usual Merkin revisionism bollocks.
      Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
        Ok. I've read that. So a mojo isn't one of these and it isn't one of these either. Now I'll change my question from "What's a mojo?" to...

What's mojo?

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
          Morning all!

What a cheeky pali! Good morning, FaQQer!

Well done!

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
            I'd prefer it if she was 3 foot tall with flat head and big ears.
            You forgot the "retractable teeth" requirement. That's VERY important.

Comment

It has suddenly got very lonely...

Comment

Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post
                Yep. A 360Kb double sided, double density floppy.

I have a 5.25" drive in my server "just in case". It is about 17 years old.
                I bet it's full of dust...

Comment

Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post
                  You forgot the "retractable teeth" requirement. That's VERY important.

Comment

I have a fine collection of obsolete floppy drives; a pair of epson 80 track 5.25" DSDD in a case that's connected to my Tatung Einstein... (cheaper to use than those horrid 3" disks at £4 each)... they cost about £120 for the pair...

A DSDD 40 track floppy in a case, that cost £49...

A half height (!) 80 track 3.5" Panasonic floppy that cost £75!!! (and it's more like a 5.25" drive as regards its timings, so highly useless on a PC...).

Plus a variety of 5.25" HD drives from here & there.

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
                      Me too - I think thats why I over slept ... I was too hot, should have taken off my PJ's maybe
                      Si posse, recte, si non, quocumque modo rem

Comment

Working...
                      X