• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sockpuppet View Post
    I'm still upset you refused my request for dancing fruit last night.
    Hit a decent milestone, then.

Them's the rules.
    Best Forum Advisor 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post
      That's illogical, Captain.

By 'rattling' do you mean 'accessed'?

Is it just a noisy drive and so anything that reduces access makes it seem quieter?

Or has the crash resulted in those parts of the drive where the head stepper motor is most noisy now being full?
      I mean that previously it was accessing the hard disk a lot as I posted noddy on here... whereas after IE had crashed, the hard disk was accessed a lot less.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
        I mean that previously it was accessing the hard disk a lot as I posted noddy on here... whereas after IE had crashed, the hard disk was accessed a lot less.
        Would a clear history & clear \TEMP & clear \TEMP Internet & Scandisk & Defrag session be worthwhile, perhaps?

And have you plenty of RAM and is the Windows cache size set to the default?

And why aren't you running Firefox anyway?
        Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Originally posted by Gonzo View Post
          A what?

Gonzo
          got
          a
          PALI

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
            Says the man who uses all microsoft software except IE

Diver
            got
            a
            PALI

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
              Not yet.... I booked 2 cheapo hols to Crete instead and still have leftover cash - struggled to justify 450 quid
              Enough left over cash to come to Edinburgh

Managed to get Ned and her chaperone the megabus for £7 return each. Which is nice.

Me and my mates are still looking at £100+ ... lousy leicester public transport system....
              Last edited by Sockpuppet; 28 January 2008, 09:30.

Comment

Thunderbirds - Series 1 - Episode 5 - The Uninvited

As Scott returns from the scene of a fire in Tokyo, Thunderbird 1 is shot down in the Sahara Desert by three unidentified fighter planes. Scott cracks his head as Thunderbird 1 crashes into the sand dunes, but he is able to open the cabin hatch before passing out. He is found by two archaeologists, Wilson and Lindsey, who administer first aid. They radio International Rescue and Virgil, Brains and Tin-Tin soon arrive in Thunderbird 2. After the International Rescue group return to Tracy Island, the archaeologists continue their search for the lost pyramid of Khamandides, but their supplies trailer breaks loose from their jeep and explodes, leaving the pair stranded without water. Their SOS call is picked up by Alan on Thunderbird 5 and Scott is soon on his way in Thunderbird 1. Meanwhile, Wilson and Lindsey discover the pyramid of Khamandides but the door through which they enter the pyramid swings shut behind them, trapping them inside!

Notes
                The working title of this episode was 'Desert Of Danger'. Although the pyramid people are named as 'Zombites' in the script and the symbol on their helmets is a stylised 'Z', they are never actually referred to as 'Zombites' in the episode. For the mission to rescue Scott, Tin-Tin wears the same blue uniform that she was seen in on board Thunderbird 3 in Sun Probe - this is presumably the female equivalent of the Tracy brothers' International Rescue uniforms. John's dialogue indicates that Scott occasionally takes turns at manning Thunderbird 5.

The Zombites' jet fighters are adapted and re-sprayed WASP aircraft from Stingray. The explorers' jeep later becomes The Hood's jeep in The Mighty Atom, Martian Invasion and Cry Wolf.

Oops!
                When Tin-Tin responds to news of Scott's disappearance, a floor puppeteer's hand (with dirty fingernails!) can be seen in the bottom of the screen lifting Tin-Tin from her seat. Between arriving on board Thunderbird 3 and climbing into the elevator to travel up to the control room, Alan completely changes his clothes from a purple suit to green checked shirt and beige trousers. Similarly, Scott returns from Thunderbird 3 wearing different clothes from those that he left in, swapping a yellow suit and orange shirt for his usual blue roll-neck and checked jacket. The symbols on the walls of the Zombites' control room are the reverse of the symbol on their helmets.

Original UK Airdate: December 2nd, 1965 - 7.00pm (ATV Midlands)

7 pm!

BI
                got
                a
                PALI

And what a PALI it is...!

Comment

Morning all

Comment

Wasn't that worth staying up for?

Tomorrow Scourer and zeity will, no doubt, reward you with yays and more banananas.

Sorry.

I got carried away.

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                      I could have had another two hours in bed

But I did get to see DD1 this morning - she heard me going downstairs, so came down for a cuddle to say goodbye before I left. DD2 was awake, but I was hoping she would fall asleep so I didn't go and see her.
                      Hi stranger

Thats always nice when that happens

Comment

Working...
                      X