• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MrsGoof View Post
    what should my new avatar be

suggestions
    ..damn this even checks for duplicate posts damn another jug of pimms winter please
    Your parents ruin the first half of your life and your kids ruin the second half

Comment

Originally posted by MrsGoof View Post
      what should my new avatar be

suggestions
      um
      Your parents ruin the first half of your life and your kids ruin the second half

Comment

OK if no one is going to join me and help me choose a new avatar theim im off for a session of CSS

Comment

I have new shoes!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I just found my new personal hero - Work Safe

Rarrrrr

Comment

Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post
              I'm off to Sheffield.

http://sy.bcs.org/talk_2008-01-17.html

See you later!
              Right. I'm back from Sheffield (see link above). I'll go and catch up and then be in Real Time™. See you soon!
              Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

But I'll steal this poor, neglected pali first!
                Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Originally posted by Bear View Post
                  And it looks like we won't get the house we offered on
                  Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
                  I'm sorry to hear that sweetheart but it mustn't have meant to be!!
                  Cailin's right. If the house had been perfect, you'd have offered more in the first place.

It is just a house and would have been nothing more than an end to the search.

Keep looking for that beautiful home in the right area for your kids.

Comment

Originally posted by Bear View Post
                    Don't buy into that fate stuff - i've a mate who says that sort of stuff.

I believe you need to make things happen, unfortunately it looks like this one is out of my control

Which means I've failed

But thanks for the anyway
                    You haven't failed.

If it had been the right house you'd have made it happen. But it's not and you know it so you didn't.

It's not fate. It's common sense.

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
                      Yeah but you can't control everything

Don't be daft, you haven't failed....
                      Cailin's right.

You would have failed if you had found a dodgy mortgage lender who let you have too much money and then ... a year from now you can't make the payments, the house is repossessed, the bank chases you for the difference, you're bankrupted, lose the rights to directorship, have to fold your LtdCo, which means you cannot contract, which means no income, so your wife (quite sensibly) leaves you.

THAT is failure. It happened to people I worked with in the late 1980s.

Saying "I can't afford that house, I'll look elsewhere" is NOT failure.

Comment

Working...
                      X