• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ubuntu

OK. I've fixed the hard disk and it boots Windows happily and all 3 partitions on it are OK.

But now I have a USB dongle with Ubuntu on it that will not boot because the boot tool is pants.

I can boot from the Ubuntu CD so I thought I'd try to make the USB bootable in some way...
    Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

C'mon Stu.... you are nearly there....
      Bazza gets caught
      Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

I'm a Super poster
        ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          and she was posting earlier with no trousers on...

Well done!
          Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post
            OK. I've fixed the hard disk and it boots Windows happily and all 3 partitions on it are OK.

But now I have a USB dongle with Ubuntu on it that will not boot because the boot tool is pants.

I can boot from the Ubuntu CD so I thought I'd try to make the USB bootable in some way...
            May I suggest ditching linux and using XP? After 2 service packs it's really quite good.
            ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
              At the end of the universe, or when the oil runs out.
              I suspect the mods will get bored of it and just delete it one day and probably reset all post counts to zero like they do on other bulletin boards.

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
                C'mon Stu.... you are nearly there....
                I'm there
                ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post
                  Working on the assumption that she has:

a) gone to bed
                  and
                  b) does not catch up on old posts

it goes back to when I first posted on TPD.

I foolishly joined in with the flirting. It did not go down very well.

Then there was the 60-odd questions that everyone had a go at answering where one was "were you adopted?" and my answer caused offence. The last straw for her was my using the expression "are you fishing?" (i.e. for complements) without appreciating it might not be a commonly known expression and so was misunderstood.

I got a torrent of abuse, I tried explaining, got more abuse, tried apologising, got nowhere and thought "I don't need this fertiliser" and dumped her on my ignore list. Where she has remained.

The one exception was one night when she was posting profusely one night. I undid the ignore and it appeared to have been a fairly heavy night out. I decided the sensible thing to do was put the ignore back.
                  Ah - I remember it well.

Not quite sure I remember it happening in that way, but there you go.

Each to their own, I guess, but does it not go against the TPD rule of being nice to people here? I'd say that it was a while back, and you are missing out on a lot by ignoring CM (plus it must make following some of the conversations difficult).
                  Best Forum Advisor 2014
                  Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                  Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                    I finished the XMAS port last night - will be teetotal for a few months now.
                    My Missus treated herself to a bottle of Taylors for Xmas.

She's really been hammering it (by her standards). The neck has gone and the fluid level is now half way down to the top of the label.

Outrageous behaviour!

Needless to say ... she doesn't drink much.

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
                      I suspect the mods will get bored of it and just delete it one day and probably reset all post counts to zero like they do on other bulletin boards.
                      You are AtW and I claim my 5 squirrel pies.
                      ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Working...
                      X