• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    DS23 7,283
    zeitghost 6,299
    TheFaQQer 6,159
    Diver 5,008
    cailin maith 4,853
    BrowneIssue 4,396
    NickFitz 3,371
    BrilloPad 3,014

I am through the 3k. Shame it is so quiet here and no-one to congratulate me...
    <sobs>

Oh well, have to do it myself...

That's 'cos they're not easy to spot.
    3000 TPD Posts!

Well done!
    Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Ubuntu

Now I'm getting stressed. I'm on step 3.5 of 7 of the installation and it might be going wrong.

Steps 1 and 2 were language and locality. Step 3 is keyboard layout. I chose that and wait...

... and wait ...

... and wait ...

the spinny pacifier is going and the disk lights are flashing.

Oh, lillies. It is being very very busy but hasn't prompted me for an installation destination.

I think it might be trashing my main machine.
      Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Ubuntu

Ooh, it has finally come back - step 4 is the "prompt for destination" option.

You can have it repartition your C:, or use all of any of the drives it can find or there's a 'manual' option which I disregarded.

Now the disk lights are flashing away again with the spinny pacifier.

This reminds me of installing Office 97 from 24 issue floppies.

Comment

Huh? It's gone back to step 4 of 7 again.

Picks "Guided - use entire disk" option again...

Comment

Congrats BP on your 3k TPD landmark

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
              Congrats BP on your 3k TPD landmark
              Yep.... what Monkey said
              Bazza gets caught
              Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

1500 posts of imparted wisdom.
                Last edited by oracleslave; 11 January 2008, 11:47. Reason: Spelling muppet!

Comment

Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post
                  That's 'cos they're not easy to spot.
                  3000 TPD Posts!

Well done!
                  Thank you kind BI - I am happy again now. well as happy as I can be.

Comment

Ubuntu

And 4 of 7 comes back again.

Hmm.

Maybe I have to pick the first option anyway - I see it is referring to the USB stick rather than the hard disk.

Let's pick it and see...

But how much of the 8Gb to give it?

It is suggesting 3Gb - we'll go for that.

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
                      1500 posts of imparted wisdom.
                      With 457 of them on TPD!

That's 30.4% drivel and 69.6% imparted wisdom, actually! rollin:

Comment

Working...
                      X