• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    By, it's quiet in here today.
    I'm sure we can liven it up a bit.

Comment

By, it's quiet in here today.
      Did you get those PC's and wireless setup for the minister ?

Comment

I really must do some work this year.

But I'm so tired today.
        Best Forum Advisor 2014
        Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
        Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
          Did you get those PC's and wireless setup for the minister ?
          No - it was a bit bizarre really. By the time I got to my parents, he had a router and wireless set up at home for his desktop machine, but was getting poor signal strength.

Someone else who lives near them had said maybe BT needed to do something, their son is an engineer and he would call round.

So I said that I would wait and see what he said before I did anything. Since he's got it working (but poor strength), I can't see what more I can do other than move the router around and point the aerials in different directions. Hardly worth a 40 minute drive each way.
          Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

No - it was a bit bizarre really. By the time I got to my parents, he had a router and wireless set up at home for his desktop machine, but was getting poor signal strength.

Someone else who lives near them had said maybe BT needed to do something, their son is an engineer and he would call round.

So I said that I would wait and see what he said before I did anything. Since he's got it working (but poor strength), I can't see what more I can do other than move the router around and point the aerials in different directions. Hardly worth a 40 minute drive each way.
            Not sure what BT need to do either

Like you say, just moving things around will increase the signal strength.

Most routers come with instructions of place not to put them as this will reduce strength etc..

Comment

And that was post 10500.

I'll have to start working again in a minute, I guess, but why not put it off for a little bit longer...
              Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
                Not sure what BT need to do either

Like you say, just moving things around will increase the signal strength.

Most routers come with instructions of place not to put them as this will reduce strength etc..
                I have no idea what BT could do, but it was an easy way out for me.

The house is a 1930s build (I think), and the signal goes through a few internal walls and one external one. I have no idea why the strength is low. Mine goes through the whole house and I can pick it up in the garden at the back, through proper Victorian walls.

Last suggestion was to get some of those plugs and run it round the electrics (house was recently re-wired) but I'm trying to distance myself a bit now, to be honest.
                Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                  jdjdsjd
                  guru got the shortest pali #1

Comment

Wow, hardly any posts today.
                    ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

I feel I should post more, just because my new avatar makes me chuckle and I like looking at it.
                      ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Working...
                      X