• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

and then said that they could come and move us for a 3 figure fee and that if the car was still there in 2 hours they'd do that anyway

He tried to make it sound like my only options were to get them to remove the car for me for a hefty sum or phone a friend...

There was no 50/50 option or audience to ask... (IGMC)
    "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

So brought up the AA/RAC 3rd option and threw that into the mix..
      "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

To which he said 'yes I suppose you could try that'

"Are you a member?" he asked.

"No" I said "but I'll take my chances and give them a try"

"OK" he said "Give me your number and we'll call you in 30 minutes to see how you're getting on"

Comment

So I called the AA, joined up and they sent out a rescue patrol.

Comment

Then we started getting cold and Mrs. Jog needed the lavatory...

Comment

So it being dark and all the cars going past at 70-80 we thought no one will notice will they?....

Comment

And with that the deed was done and there was no more stress of that kind....

Comment

.....until another car stopped in front of our car with it's hazard lights flashing - for a moment we thought "Huuzzah!! we're saved!"

Comment

but no - it was another straggler in need of assistance, at this point my phone started ringing..

Comment

It was those helpful people from the SOS phone company,

"How did you get on with the AA?"

"Great thanks - I paid them a similar 3 figure sum you quoted me and they've sent out someone immediately and I'm also covered for a whole year as well"

I was feeling smug at this point.

Comment

Working...
                      X