• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
    Hey sweets.... did you read that PM... do you think I'm losing my mind?
    hiya - just read it, need to know a bit more about the background.

It's suppertime now
    "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
      To whom do you refer?
      Denny...

Last night, I posted something like "Piss Off Denny" 'cos when I posted that the thread should just be left, no one was going to agree" she said something like - Don't read it if you don't like it blah blah....

But I PM'd her last night and apologise for saying Piss off.... this morning I deleted my post (thought better of it) but obviously she still got the PM.

She's PM'd me and basically slated me for .... well I don't know she says I was picking on her in private I just don't get her....
      Bazza gets caught
      Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
        Denny...

Last night, I posted something like "Piss Off Denny" 'cos when I posted that the thread should just be left, no one was going to agree" she said something like - Don't read it if you don't like it blah blah....

But I PM'd her last night and apologise for saying Piss off.... this morning I deleted my post (thought better of it) but obviously she still got the PM.

She's PM'd me and basically slated me for .... well I don't know she says I was picking on her in private I just don't get her....
        Don't worry about it. She isn't happy unless she's ranting or arguing with someone. She'd hate TPD where we're all so nice to each other
        ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
          Are you mocking me?
          Of course I am!

I am just a geezer that is not particularly good at anything. Including humour.

So in a feeble attempt to bring some levity to the world, I occasionally screw up and upset someone. In TPD, that is by accident.

Yes, I was mocking you. For comic effect. You're supposed to laugh too.
          Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post
            Do you think you should ask Beaker whether to ask Beaker what to do? Or do you need to check with someone first?

Were you my manager when I was a permie?
            Actually, speaking of permies....

I happened to overhear two talking today about how worried they were about year end reviews and how it could affect their pay rises.

I sat there quietly in the smug knowledge that I earn more than both of them put together and I'll never have a review again
            ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post
              I am just a geezer that is not particularly good at anything.
              And you're calling me a permie, isn't that the generic permie job description?
              ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Fanny Hill now on BBC1 - c u later

Comment

I don't think that you're alone in that, CM... try not to let it get you down...
                  It's just a bit tulip.... I don't understand!!
                  Bazza gets caught
                  Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
                    ... I'll never have a review again
                    It's funny how an annual review is terrifying, yet being on review ALL THE TIME as a contractor soon becomes far more comfortable than being a permie.

I get a smug feeling (and sometimes say it out loud to the permies) that I have to perform every day - one slip and you're out (cue the smutty innuendo references). That shuts 'em up.
                    Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Count not thy chickens... weird things happen at sea...
                      This is true, and I get very sea-sick...
                      ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Working...
                      X