• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i carried the contagion with me, and on the evening of the day on which we lost sight of land, another hand died, and three more were taken ill.

Comment

still i congratulated myself that i was no worse off, since other vessels had lost half their crews while in port royal, and some in much less time than we had remained there.

Comment

we sailed prosperously through the windward passage, so close to cuba that we could plainly distinguish the trees and shrubs growing upon it, and hen shaped our course nort-easterly, to clear the bahamas and gain the great ocean.

Comment

we had seen and lost sight og crooked island three days, when it became all at once a dead calm; even the undulation of the sea, commonly called the ground swell, subsided;

Comment

Well done that man

What comes after TPDeity
            Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

the sails hung slackened from the yards; the vessel slept like a turtle on the ocean, which became smooth as a summer mill-pond.

Comment

the atmosphere could not have sustained a feather; cloudless and clear, the blue serene above and water below were alike spotless, shadowless, and stagnent.

Comment

i'm happy to stick with tpdeity!

Comment

dissapointment and impatience were exhibited by us all, while the sun, flaring from the burning sky, melted the pitch in the rigging till it ran down on the decks, and a beefsteak could have been broiled on the anchor-fluke.

Comment

we could not pace the planks without blistering our feet, until i ordered an awning over the deck for our protection; but still the langour we experienced was overpowering.

Comment

Working...
                      X