• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zeitghost
    Posting stream of consciousness drivel in the sweat of my brow...

nice one zeitghost!

Comment

How long until 50,000 posts?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        I reckon Monday unless we see a concerted effort over the rest of the weekend
        "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by Gonzo View Post
          One New Year's Eve we hit the jackpot because there were some roadworks with a massive collection of traffic cones and signs.

We set up a contraflow.

8 o'clock the next morning my mate knocked on the front door and we went and put everything back to where it should be.
          Confession time, huh?

About 25 years ago, a group of young gentlemen closed the A10 just inside the M25, London-bound, in the early hours of Monday morning.

When I heard the traffic reports on LBC at about 09:30 saying the Police were re-opening it because no-one knew why it was closed, recollection came to me...
          Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            a couple of days i should think.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
              Just been reading a bit in New Scientist about how the ancient egyptians were infested with worms...

Lovely.
              Nice, I'm sure the ancient and even dare I say - not so ancient Brits managed to top that though
              "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                Sorry!

There are a few disguised permies on here, though. Some are openly permie, but some are hiding

Well done!
                Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

imminent palindrome!
                  Last edited by DS23; 15 December 2007, 18:30. Reason: aaaarrrg!

Comment

Go on, then. Who got the pali?

Comment

A Queensland Radio Station, QFM, were running a competition
                      to find contestants who could come up with words that were not
                      found in any English Dictionary yet could still use these words
                      in a sentence that would make logical sense, the prize being a
                      return trip for two to Bali for a week. The DJ, Sam, had many
                      callers, the following two standing out :

DJ: QFM, what's your name?

Caller: Hi me name's Dave.

DJ: Dave, what is your word?

Caller: Gaan spelt G A A N

DJ: We are just checking that (pause) and you are correct,
                      Dave, Gaan is certainly a word not found in the English
                      Dictionary. Now the next question, for a trip for two to
                      Bali, is, what sentence can you use that in that would
                      make logical sense?

Caller: Gaan **** yourself!

At this point the DJ cuts the caller short and announces that
                      there is no place for that sort of language on a family show.
                      After many more unsuccessful calls the DJ takes the following
                      caller:

DJ: QFM, what's your name?

Caller: Hi me name's Jeff.

DJ: Jeff, what is your word?

Caller: Smee spelt S M E E

DJ: We are just checking that (pause) and you are correct,
                      Jeff, Smee is certainly a word not found in the English
                      Dictionary. Now the next question, for a trip for two to
                      Bali, is, what sentence can you use that in that would
                      make logical sense?

Caller: Smee again! Gaan **** yourself !

Comment

Working...
                      X