• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by realityhack View Post
    Ooooooh. Kebabs.

Did I mention that the other corner has a kebab shop that's still open?
    It's bloody horrible though, but I'm half-cut, so my tastebuds won't let me know until the morning.

Mmmmm.

What's the safest thing to order from your average nasty kebab shop, to minimise the risk of gut rot?
    The environmental health inspector ?
    Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Ooooooh. Kebabs.
      One place I worked had a company flat. I stayed there for a couple of weeks during a relocation. One night after a skinfull I got a big kebab from the midnight kebab van. ( <shudder> ).

Next morning I woke up starving. Once my head had stopped hurting enough for me to sit up, I found I had gone to bed with the kebab.

Completely uneaten, it was smudged over the sheets, me and the quilt. And of course the red cabbage is white cabbage with red food dye so...

I was lucky I got paid at all that month.
      Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Diver, Board Game Geek, BrowneIssue, Clippy+, realityhack

Clippy is still lurking

Come on in Clippy, the waters fine

Comment

Dammit.

Surely it can be easier to think of times when you've been embarrassed? I can't think of any. I know I don't give much of a monkeys what ppl think, but I just can't recall a cracker like those.

Done plenty of borderline insane stuff though - but not usually in front of a crowd.

Comment

BGG has probably passed out again with his system logged on

Comment

698 post's to go

Comment

Be there before I know it

Comment

What's the safest thing to order from your average nasty kebab shop, to minimise the risk of gut rot?
                  A few years ago one of the junior health ministers said kebabs are the safest (from a food poisoning perspective) fast-food of the lot. Something to the effect of:

"You know how they have that meat tube thing on a spike in front of the gas burner? Well, the bacteria and fungal spores and dirt from the street come in through the open door and land on that meat all the time. But the gas burner is so hot, it kills all those germs straight away. So kebabs are the safest because, although covered in germs, dust and other rubbish from the street, it is all dead germs!"

HTH
                  Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post
                    A few years ago one of the junior health ministers said kebabs are the safest (from a food poisoning perspective) fast-food of the lot. Something to the effect of:

"You know how they have that meat tube thing on a spike in front of the gas burner? Well, the bacteria and fungal spores and dirt from the street come in through the open door and land on that meat all the time. But the gas burner is so hot, it kills all those germs straight away. So kebabs are the safest because, although covered in germs, dust and other rubbish from the street, it is all dead germs!"

HTH
                    really whets the appetite that post

Comment

Can't think of any other truly embarrassing situation I've been in!

Comment

Working...
                      X