• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My wife has every faith in my ability to abuse my body beyond the norm of human endurance. my brother says that I am the only person he has ever met that can walk in to Mothercare and come out bleeding (stupid collapsible pushchairs)
    Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
      My wife says that I am a walking disaster that should be contained and possibly eradicated as an unviable offshoot of the human race

You should get that put on your business card.

BTW, my spell checker wants to change unviable into 'enviable'. So at least my spell checker is on your side!
      Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post

Well done!
        Let's see if we can get you the 32000 tonight

Comment

You should get that put on your business card.

BTW, my spell checker wants to change unviable into 'enviable'. So at least my spell checker is on your side!

Comment

My wife has every faith in my ability to abuse my body beyond the norm of human endurance. my brother says that I am the only person he has ever met that can walk in to Mothercare and come out bleeding (stupid collapsible pushchairs)

I have never before been tempted to use 'ROTFL'. I'm pretty close to using it now!

So let me guess this right:
            - you work with heavy machinery;
            - you work underwater;
            - you work with sharp, jagged, rusty bits of metal;
            - you work with high pressure gases;
            - you work in confined spaces;
            - you work with heavy items that need lifting.

How I am I doing for an initial stab at a risk assessment?
            Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Let's see if we can get you the 32000 tonight
              Probably, some bugger with a skinfull and a kebab will leap in and grab it.

Comment

I have never before been tempted to use 'ROTFL'. I'm pretty close to using it now!

So let me guess this right:
                - you work with heavy machinery;
                - you work underwater;
                - you work with sharp, jagged, rusty bits of metal;
                - you work with high pressure gases;
                - you work in confined spaces;
                - you work with heavy items that need lifting.

How I am I doing for an initial stab at a risk assessment?
                I also use high explosives go figure

Comment

Which brings up one thing that really annoys me.
                  I have a shotgun license.
                  I have an Explosives use license
                  I cannot buy hydrogen peroxide from the chemist any more (used for cleaning wounds) because I might make a bomb

Comment

I also use high explosives go figure
                    Oh lordy, lordy.

Many moons ago in 6th form A Level Chemistry, PK and I were supposed to be doing an experiment with nitric acid and some other stuff to make something volatile, organic but fairly boring. A 3 hour experiment that goes toward our A level mark.

So we boiled up the nitric acid and concentrated sulphuric acid came into it somewhere and we cheerfully made some benzene ring related substance. We were supposed to stop there but chose not to.

We were working fast.

The teacher was head down at his desk marking homework. As per usual for him, not taking any notice.

So on we carried ... to make toluene and on to start to produce tri-nitrotoluene. PK was putting together the cooling tubes in which to condense our end product and I was busy pulling tissues to bits to make a fairly reasonable substitute for gun cotton.

"PK. BrowneIssue. Pack it in. Bunsen burners off. Tip it away."

He did not even look up. The bugger just knew we would be making TNT in that lesson and waiting until right toward the end before making us stop.

Dammit! What's wrong with making dynamite in school anyway? You have to learn somehow.

Comment

Which brings up one thing that really annoys me.
                      I have a shotgun license.
                      I have an Explosives use license
                      I cannot buy hydrogen peroxide from the chemist any more (used for cleaning wounds) because I might make a bomb
                      You can't buy Vitamin C either because heroin addicts use it to enhance the effects of the heroin.

Breadmaker machines tend to recommend 1/8th teaspoon of Vitamin C in the mix in their recipe books.

But we're not to be trusted with dangerous, nasty, criminal Vitamin C.

I mean, you know how serious junkies have really, really bad skin?

Wouldn't letting them have access to Vitamin C perhaps do them some good? And if they are using it to enhance the effects of the heroin, might it not REDUCE the chances of overdose?

Blinkin' nanny state.

And then there's this business about not teaching kids to wire plugs. Duh!

Comment

Working...
                      X