• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eek View Post
    So the health service is crap, the food is crap, you can't find a job / contract yet you still want to live there....
    I only started looking for a gig 3 weeks ago and it's a quiet time of year.

The health service is still crap in the UK, and compared to the length of time even on private on the UK, he get got an operation sooner than the UK

Actually the food scene is starting to pick up big time here, lot of attitude changes in the last year and with the blog I'm starting to make some good contacts.

And compared to the UK I have a way better quality of life, I really prefer it to the UK.
    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
      He's got scoliosis, and due to him being pretty tall, it will recur, but you can't predict when and if the facet joints in the spine will flare up.

Waiting times are pants here, 2 weeks if you are lucky or 1 month, so it was a month before he got to the clinic and then another month for the op.

They don't appear to have private here, when we had this problem 6 years ago Mr N had private, so it was over and done with pretty prompt. They've used a different procedure here in cloggers cauterizing rather than cortisone injections which takes longer to kick in.

The clinic where he had the op was a case of line 'em up and kick 'em out and no follow up with advice on drugs, when is a good time to start physio etc.... all we know is that the surgeon will call him in March and that is it.

So hopefully in 6 weeks, we might start seeing results. It's a waiting game
      2 weeks to a month is far better than this t!tw@nk NHS. However, in his case it is probably late given the damage to nerves (and confidence, lifestyle) it causes if not diagnosed quickly.

Before I went private, I paid for an epidural injection for a similar condition and I continue to pay for them (pre-existing and all that b0llocks) as and when my arse reaches my neck.

Good luck and all the best.

Comment

Tidied up the front shrubbery as well.

Still have a bramley tree to plant, some friends bought me a "medium" tree, it's a fully grown one. Trying to work out where to put it in the garden.
        Ni! Ni! Ni!

Comment

Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
          I've conquered that by going for long 1 hour walks during lunch. A cafe half a mile away does excellent Sarnies and is a good motivation to get my fat arse off my seat!
          I used to always try and get out of the office at lunch when working in blighty.

Over here they don't seem to do that as much.
          "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
            So the health service is crap, the food is crap, you can't find a job / contract yet you still want to live there....
            Health service - Can anything be worse than NHS?

Food is crap - WTF ?! You ever been to the continent jeeves?

HTH

Comment

Tidied up the front shrubbery as well.
              Brazilian?
              I'm not even an atheist so much as I am an antitheist; I not only maintain that all religions are versions of the same untruth, but I hold that the influence of churches, and the effect of religious belief, is positively harmful. [Christopher Hitchens]

Comment

Byeeeee

Comment

The BigMuffCopy certainly distorts stuff.

With a vengeance.

Put a sinewave in & you get all sorts of weird stuff out.

Next is the attempt to make a 1 string guitar out of a bit of wood & a steel string.

With a magnet with a coil around it for a pickup.

This could be the next Big Thing.

Comment

Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
                    Health service - Can anything be worse than NHS?

Food is crap - WTF ?! You ever been to the continent jeeves?

HTH
                    The food is pretty grim in cloggers, thankfully it is improving.

Fried food, sarnies and milk.

Though I have had some awesome toasties ( tostis) here.

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Drink related nonsense posted up on the blog.

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Working...
                      X